"brand new" 503CW issue Finnish dealer

Previous topic - Next topic

stormur

Hi!

4 weeks ago I bought 503CW described on Finnish Hasselblad dealer ( Fimeko Oy ) as "brand new". Condition of camera was confirmed by phone. So I ordered it with kit ( 80mm CFi and back ).

Camera serial number is SP, means made in 2003, not new. Lens shutter knob broken - back to service, returned after about week with not working 1 sec time ... lens cap missing (from the beginning) , strap missing, camera cap heavily scratched. All packed as from "used equipment store" in original boxes, but defenedly not like new camera . Some scratches on camera body ( under , but not the plate ) .

Dealer after my email admit, that camera is 9 y old , and they have it to show clients, and make some ( they said 1 or 2 ... ) exposures. Like also they sold strap and cap and so... .

I applied for return , and I get answer :

"The Hasselblad camera you have bought from us is new, not used. The manufacturing time doesn´t make the camera used. It has all the same features and warranty (12 months) as a camera that was manufactured for example last year.The malfunction of your lens will naturally be warranty repaired. Therefore we regard your claim unjustified.

We advice you to send the lens for repair.

Best regards,
Sampo Valtonen
Fimeko Oy, Helsinki "

They also explain that "good price" - 5 % less than they asked for ... .

To repair ? NEW lens ? AGAIN ???? 2nd time in 2 weeks ( basically never was functioning... )

If that looks usual customer care and sale of new Hasselblads all over the world, I am very happy using for so long Canon, Nikon and Mamiya... . Really. But I hope I get "exceptional" service.

Anyway aware from this dealer. Case goes to consumer ombudsman and civil court. I will not leave it this way.

BR

Peter

desertdiver

Hi Peter,

I am sorry to hear about your recent experience!

Principally I'd go for money back, at least for the camera. (even the discount of 5% is no reason to hold you back). Since you bought a kit I am not aware of the prices for the kit items. So it is difficult to decide whether you should return these (back and lens) as well.

Just for your information, I purchased a 503CW last month from Pro Centre in London. This camera has been manufactured in 2008 (SNR ...SR....), which is obviously the latest production year. Pro Centre offered huge discounts at this time. Maybe it is a try worth to contact Nicky West at Pro Centre. I don't have any relation to ProCentre except being a satisfied customer since a couple of years. In case you return lens and back as well, Pro Centre or KEH offer quite a lot used Hasselblad V equipment, so you could replace those items easily.

Good luck.

Best regards,
Udo