Tethered use with MBP with FW400 & FW800

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustbak

I just got myself a 'new' MBP. Since I previously only had 1 FW400 port I used that while working tethered. Today I went on location for the first time with my new MBP and found out my CF39 could not tether to the FW400 port.

I am kind of assuming that since this MBP also has a FW800 port is expects the back there and is not able to see it on the FW400 port. Am I correct in this assumption and would the problem be solved with a straight FW800-FW800 cable?

Has anyone been able to get his CF39 or H3D39 to work on the MBP's FW400 port?

Kind of annoying to find out on location while only having FW800-FW400 cables :( Thank god for CF & card readers.

alexkent

how new is your MBP ?
the brand new 15" MPB just released a few days ago, don't have a FW400 port at all. Only FW800.

assuming you're talking about the previous model, your back should work fine on either of the FW ports. i shoot regularly with a last model MBP and H2D39 tethered to the FW400 port.

Dustbak

I got one of the 'left-overs' with a 40% discount.

Nope my CF39 doesn't work on the FW400 port of the new laptop. It does on the FW400 port of my previous laptop. The FW400 port of the new laptop does work with a FW disk.

Correction.... It now doesn't work with the FW disk either. It seems something is going wrong with the MBP's FW port.

Dustbak

Pfff.......

What numbskull I am. Apparently something went wrong with my firewire controller. I found that out when I tried my FW disk. I only had to reboot the MBP to get it to work properly again  :P :-[

alexkent