Phocus and aperture3.x

Previous topic - Next topic

aikbo

Dear all, I still observe problems importing fff files into aperture. The files look perfectly ok in phocus but after import they are way too dark. I hope and think it must be some kind of setting issue but I cannot figure it out. So if anyone kwows the solution please enlighten me.

If I first convert the files into tiff all is fine

HLArt

Quote from: aikbo on December 31, 2011, 09:40:31 AM
Dear all, I still observe problems importing fff files into aperture. The files look perfectly ok in phocus but after import they are way too dark. I hope and think it must be some kind of setting issue but I cannot figure it out. So if anyone kwows the solution please enlighten me.

If I first convert the files into tiff all is fine

Maybe the raw-converter from aperture canot read out the fff-files from HB accurate, only phocus can do that in a very fine way. The raw-converter from PS have also problems to show the fff-files perfekt like phocus, and in LR you must turn the sliders also, to get a result likewise phocus.
Kind regards Herbert

GeorgeTelis

3rd party raw converters have definitely issues ranging from white balance issues (photoshop) to exposure (aperture). Even though i have no serious problems with photoshop raw converter i haven't ever used it for any serious job due to luck of corrections and quality.
Many companies use the same sensors with hasselblad cameras but no other program can process and correct raw files like phocus does,this is the part where hassy really shine (and lenses of course). The only way to work without any issues is converting images on phocus. If you really want to work with aperture try exporting the images through phocus to DNG and then work on aperture, i am pretty sure there will be no issues but you will have no lens correction (i haven't tried it to be honest) .

Best Regards George

aikbo

Thank you both for your answers, I was still thinking I was doing wrong.

Happy 2012 to all