need help with phocus

Previous topic - Next topic

abdullah.malallah

hi every body ,,

can any one help that how to hide photo info before export it from phocus software ,,

like when i finish  adjust my raw work flow in  phocus then export it as TIFF-16 to continue in PS CS5 (help if TIFF-16 is the correct choice ) then if right click the image  in mac i will see( get info ) below : the camera sitting and camera name ,, how to hide these info , i'll be thankful if any one know

NickT

Hi Abdullah
phocus will always embed camera settings etc (meta data) if you want to deliver an image without embedded data then a cut and paste into a new document will do that. For a batch of images I believe "exif tool" can do this. Why do you want to remove this data?

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

abdullah.malallah

acutely there is no series reason,, am just wondring if it can be removed  ,,

thanks for the help ,,

other thing dose the TIFF-16 is the right choice to edit the picture in PS ?

abdullah.malallah

i mean after i adjust the raw file in phocus ? what the good choice to export for PS

jonathan.lipkin

TIFF-16 exports a 16 bit/pixel image. This will produce a larger file, but give you a higher quality image. If you have a fast enough computer and enough memory and disk space, you should use this option.

DBF

Is there a Difference (in Picture Quality), if I export it as .psd File?

Monty Rakusen

What I do is as follows:

I process my files in Phocus and save them as 16bit files.
I open them in CS5 where I retouch them,or modify (not adjust, thats done in Lightroom) as necessary.
Then I use Lightroom to work on them, darken, lighten, using the tools as necessary.
They are exported/ saved in the same folder as originals but in a new folder named pp.
I open them again for final inspection in CS5, check for dust, sharpen, copyright and change mode to 8bit right at the end. (I throw the 16bit files away)

I know this is long winded (and some of the steps could be done in lightroom) but my images are hand crafted, that's what my clients pay for.

Heres a bit as to why 16bit.
http://www.photoshop-tutorials-plus.com/8-bit-and-16-bit.html

Kind regards

Monty Rakusen

abdullah.malallah

thanks a lot thats really helps ,