Is Phocus realy a wysiwyg tool?

Previous topic - Next topic

Detlef_g

At the moment I'm struggling with Phocus when I compare a picture in Phocus with the same Picture in Lightroom (dng File). What I see in lightroom is much clearer than the Phocus picture.

IF I´m generating a TIF File out of Phocus and open it with CS3, open also the same picture out of Lightroom  in CS3. Now there is nearly no difference in sharpness.

Do somebody else has this phenomenon?

Thanks

Detlef

robertpoll

The full size preview in Phocus is a bit on the soft side as you say. You really need to look at a 100% view to judge sharpness. It would be nicer if it were a bit more representative of the 100% image but it's only ever going to be an approximation so you couldn't really trust it (in any application) so not sure it really would make much difference.

...rob
robert poll photography | www.robertpoll.com | +44(0) 7768 466663

NickT

There are some issues with the Phocus preview at 25% and under appearing soft. It seems to be specific to certain graphics cards and is being looked at.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Detlef_g

Hi Rob, Nick,

thanks  for your feedback. I will test it on a different MAC.

Thanks Detlef

Detlef_g

Hi Nick,

which graphic card do you recommend for the use with Phocus.

Thanks

Detlef

harmsr

Nick,

The other thing that I have noticed, is that if you export the lowest quality JPEG for fast review they are soft. (Default sharpness settings)

If I export a TIFF to work on in Photoshop, it opens up very sharp and then a simple conversion to a JPEG from Photoshop at the same size is a much sharper file.  (No other adjustments done in Photoshop only the conversion to SRGB, sizing, and JPEG output)

If you would pass that along, so that the quick JPEG outputs directly from Phocus don't lose so much it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray