lost data mystery!

Previous topic - Next topic

Monty Rakusen

When I copied by ethernet from my laptop 92GB of data, all last weeks shoot into my Mac Pro, now I look in my Mac Pro to find there's only 85GB! I've checked the number of images and its excatly correct. Where did the difference go and why?
Monty Rakusen ???

Dustbak

Check some of my previous posts about this topic. I experience this more often. Copying via my network from my MacPro towards a Windows server I often loose files. I always have to check whether everything has come through.

Your post is the first I see that someone else is having this too. Thank god I am not crazy (though admittedly the one thing doesn't exclude the other).

No clue whatsoever is causing this unfortunately.

mharvey65

Hang on a second.

Monty specifically says that he is not 'loosing' any files... just that once transferred they are different sizes.

This is down to differential in drive type / drive formatting / OS.

This most frequently happens when transferring large amounts of data to NAS via ethernet.

The best way of securely transferring ANY data is to use Chronosync. It gives you a full report at the end of every transfer.

hth,

Michael
Hasselblad H4D50-ms
Hasselblad H3D-39 mk2
Phocus 2.6.5
iMac 27" 2012
OSx 10.7.2

Dustbak

Right! Hmmm.. damn. That still means I could be crazy :)

CleanLivin

Well, I did my first test shots with my new 4D50 this afternoon.  Imported the files from CF card and there were 1 "B" file and 2 "C" prefix files in mixed with the A's.  Deleted the B and C files from within Phocus  and Phocus wiped out ALL files.

Repeated this twice so it's a bug in the code.

What worked was to move the files from CF card to a folder on the Mac desktop, then went in and deleted the C files, then imported into Phocus.
Jack Brady
Chapel Hill, NC USA
http://www.shadowsdancing.com