Best hasselblad lens ever?

Previous topic - Next topic

mauro risch

I own a H2D-39 with a few lenses( 35, 80, 120, 210 and 50~110) and was thinking about the old BLAD lenses. I'd like to know the opinion of the guys in the Forum about the best Hasselblad lens they've ever had. I've read that the 250mm (CF or FE) was considered the best lens ever made for a Blad. The second one was the 30mm(?).
I'm thinking of buying some more lenses for my next H kit, and probably a CF lens adapter.
It would be great to hear from you guys.

Tchau!

Mauro
www.maurorisch.com
    0430 383 588

Dustbak

Best CF lens I ever owned was the 100/3.5. I never did own the 250 or 30 BTW. The 250 Super Achromat I assume you mean?

fotografz

The new 40/4IF is very good and a marked improvement over the previous 40 CFi and CFE versions. Very, very sharp with improved corner performance. 40mm is a focal length not available in the HC lens line-up.

The 180/4 CFE is also a stellar performer ... legendary for it's ruthless sharpness to the point that diffusion filters need to be employed for portrait work. It's also of value because it's a focal length not available in the HC lens line-up.

The 100/3.5 also has a very good reputation, but I personally prefer the HC 100/2.2 because it's faster and doesn't display pentagon shaped specular highlights in the OOF areas.

The 250/5.6 SA is legendary.

The 60/3.5 is similar to the 100/3.5 in performance, but more importantly it is another focal length not available in the HC line-up, the closest being the HC 50/3.2 ... but the Zeiss 60/3.5 CFi lens outperforms it at the edges. 

OMRA

This is just my 2c.

You guys should know, that older lenses, have not the needed definition to use the 39 sensores, usaly the limite lpi in older lenses goes to 25m, thats why it was ease to hassel put out the new 60m.
The new lenses have more resolution, and sharpness. one of my contacts says that the 39m uses +-75% of new lenses res
and 60m about 85%. And space to grow.
Btd Phase one release the new sensors and to do that, they have new lenses made on purpose to use it.

Have you tested how old and new lenses are afected by flare light?

regards
Octavio
Regards
Octavio Alcantara

Alastair Bird

The 38mm Biogon is amazing with my 39MP Back.  I find my version of the CF 100 3.5 to be very 'meh'.  I bet I have a dud copy because everyone else I know raves about it.  And the 110 F2, of course...