ImageBank from 528c on a 132c?

Previous topic - Next topic

AK

Hello,
Is it possible to use an ImageBank, which was previously used on 528c, on a 132c back? Is it necessary to reformat the drive and how is this done? Or does it work out of the box?

PH

Howdy AK
Did no one answer you? Shame. I rarely look at this site otherwise I could have told you earlier that the answer is yes. However, the camera may need you to load calibration files. This is done by shooting directly into the image bank, NOT into a PC/ Mac. You then connect it all up and launch the software. It automatically then reads the calibration files from the image you have just shot into the image bank.
If you swap the image banks between the 2 backs, you will have to repeat the sequence every time.

NickT

Quote from: PH on November 28, 2008, 09:02:26 AM
Howdy AK
Did no one answer you? Shame.

Actually AK also posted this query on another forum and I answered it there... PH enable RSS feeds and you'll be able to see what's being discussed without having to visit the site..

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

PH

Hiya Nick
I've done that and currently in my RSS folder  I have 4 messages from the 24 Nov., 2 from the 23 nov, 2 from the 21st and 1 from the 14th. I'm sure there is more going on , and I'm sure I'm not doing something I should be , but I can't be arsed figuring it out unless you tell me something obvious. How's things going anyway? Summer approaching in your neck of the woods? We didn't get one. Trying to organise a shoot in Barcelona next week to take advantage of a better climate, but client is dragging his backside and I've other work booked in for mid december so i could end up missing it. Nice to talk
cheers

NickT

Hola Paul
Summer is trying to arrive down here..
I take it you are using mac mail? Mines been a wee bit flaky of late. This (admin) machine is usually on 24/7 and it can be a few weeks between restarts which always seem sto sort Mail out. I too have seen RSS feeds disappear and then just re-appear. You could always just log on and view unread...

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

grandguru

I think it would be OK but just to be on the safe side you can flush the Imagebank so that when you first reconnect the back and back the datafiles will be loaded.
Start Flexcolor (PC or Mac works the same), select any image stored on the bank, hold down Ctrl Alt Shift (PC) Apple Alt Shift (Mac) and still holding them click 'Delete' in  Flexcolor. A warning window should come up telling you that all files will be deleted, click OK and the job is done.