tethered shooting with older backs

Previous topic - Next topic

natrea

I was under the impression that phocus 2.5.5 with a new camera firmware would solve my tethered shooting problems.
I happily installed it and now have had a chance to test it.

Unfortunately I have the same issues as before so its back to 2.0.1 for me.
2 main problems:
Crop tool very 'sticky' and uncontrollable.(only happens when tethered)
Camera and phocus freeze up and both need to be shut down and restarted. This happens about every 15 -30 minutes while shooting.

Does anyone else have the same problem?
I am shooting with a 22mp CFH and a macbook pro os 10.5.8

Thanks

Nat

Dustbak

What version of the MBP are you using? The newer version or a somewhat older version. The stickyness of the crop tool is an indication of insufficient video memory or a video card that is simply not up to it. The 'screen operations', like cropping, put a huge demand on the video card.

Not sure what the freeze-up is all about though.

Do you have the same issues using other (preferably fast with fast video cards) machines?

natrea

Its a good point but everything works fine when I am not tethered and also works fine with the older version 2.0.

MBP 4.1 intelduo 2.4ghz 4gb ram

thanks

Nat

Dustbak

You need to be able to exclude stuff, this you can only do by taken out things from the equation and replacing them with others. If you have the possibility to try a newer more potent version of the MBP I would suggest to try this. If the problem occurs again, the suspicion is swaying towards the camera more than the computer. If the problem is gone the likeliness is that the computer is the culprit.