Astronomie

Previous topic - Next topic

wmaachen

Hello, is anybody out there who does astrophotografie with a digital Hassy. I would like to take pictures on big telescopes (16") cassegrain an it would be nice to have a possibility to do this with a hassy.
I see 2 problems: 1st the mechanical slot an 2nd to get to cam (H4d-31) to do long exp. times (over 200 seconds).

Thank you
Werner

alexkent

the H4D-31 maximum exposure time is 32seconds. there's no way around it.

if you are concerned with making star trails type images you might be able to shoot a series of 32s exposures in a row and blend them in Photoshop.
but if you need long exposure to compensate for lack of light then you might be stuck.

regards,

Alex.

photodigitalpro

Hello Astronomie,

Just thought I might update this information and shed a little light with the current information.
The current Hasselblad Spec Sheet for the H4D-31 shows a "Shutter speed range" of 64 seconds to 1/800 second.
I am a Pro Hasselblad Digital dealer in Kentucky and I believe that was just extended with a "Firmware Update"
If you like I will be glad to verify that with Hasselblad corporate, just let me know.

On the other hand the newer H4D-40 has what you are asking for "I think".
The current Hasselblad Spec Sheet for the H4D-40 shows a "Shutter speed range" of 256 seconds to 1/800 second.

Rob
KRphotodigital.com