H3DII-50 Problem in AF-Modes

Previous topic - Next topic

DBF

My Camera doesn´t get the Lens Focus. It just moves the Lens to Infinity and/or nearest Distance Setting - with any Lens I have. The Arrows in the Viewfinder flicker.
Sometimes I get an Error - Message like" Camera Connection Error". I then have to take the Battery away, because the Camera doesn`t accept anything.

Anybody knows, what I can do?

Thanks for Help

Bernhard

rem

Hi Bernhard, I had maybe the same problem but with only one new lens. I received another one. The lens was turning very fast from one end to the other and back...
rem

DBF

All my Lenses do the Same ( I have 28; 50; 100 and 300 mm) - they turn in normal "Speed" from one End of Scale to the other. It looks, they are trying to find Focus, but have no Success and "give up".

mharvey65

Quote from: DBF on January 31, 2011, 03:18:54 AM
All my Lenses do the Same ( I have 28; 50; 100 and 300 mm) - they turn in normal "Speed" from one End of Scale to the other. It looks, they are trying to find Focus, but have no Success and "give up".

Berhard,

Just for the record, I think it is both useful and usual (forum protocol) to give us a lot more information to be able to allow us to help you.

For example, this is a list of the minimum essential information that should be included.

1. Camera Model (& date & place of Purchase - Useful, but not essential)
2. Firmware version
3. Serial Number (optional, but useful for Hasselblad)
4. Lens description (& date & place of Purchase - Useful, but not essential)
5. Lens Firmware version
6. Lens Serial Number (optional, but useful for Hasselblad)
7. Computer Type
8. Software version (Yes this is relevant for info on updating the respective firmware)
9. Country of residence - This is essential as there are certain localisation issues which might come to bear)

This really is the bear minimum information for anyone to start trouble shooting a problem. It also allows other users with similar equipment to gain valuable information about their own hardware which might be prone to similar problems.

There was a case with Hasselblad's original Zoon lens where the front element 'had a habit' of falling out. This was brought to the attention of Hasselblad on this forum (Flexframe forum) and everyone gained from the collective knowledge. So much so that it became impossible for Hasselblad to deny that it was a manufacturing problem.

Unfortunately the description 'my camera doesn't get the lens focus' is not something I can work with.

Where are you based and where did you buy the equipment? That'll give us a head start. Have you contacted your dealer?

Give us some more info and we'll find the problem.

ALl the best,

Michael
Hasselblad H4D50-ms
Hasselblad H3D-39 mk2
Phocus 2.6.5
iMac 27" 2012
OSx 10.7.2

DBF

1. Camera Model (& date & place of Purchase - Useful, but not essential) H3DII-50 bought used last Summer from author. Hass. Dealer in Hamburg / Germany
2. Firmware version 350 Focus ID 2 / 1053
3. Serial Number (optional, but useful for Hasselblad) 58016263
4. Lens description (& date & place of Purchase - Useful, but not essential) 28, 50, 100, 300 mm Lenses bought same time. All Lenses show same "Mistake"
5. Lens Firmware version    All Lenses worked fine until one Week ago - I did not change anything on my Equipment
6. Lens Serial Number (optional, but useful for Hasselblad)
7. Computer Type      PC Win7 prof. 64 bit
8. Software version (Yes this is relevant for info on updating the respective firmware) Where do I find this?
9. Country of residence - This is essential as there are certain localisation issues which might come to bear) Germany

I am Amateur Photographer I use my Equipment with extreme Care!

DBF

I have contacted my Dealer by Telephone. His Answer was, that he doesnt know a Solution, I must send the Camera to him and he will give it to Hasselblad. ???

davidthescot

Silly question perhaps but have you tried cleaning the contacts between the camera and the lens.  I had a similar problem with a Canon !Ds which was down to dirt (barely visible) on the contacts on the camera body.

DBF

I have done that - but it diesnt solve the Problem.

davidthescot

I note that your firmware is listed as 350.  It should be 359 - is that a typo?

Presumably you had tried reloading the firmware.

Sorry I cannot be of any further help other than to say Hasselblad's support and service is terrific and they will solve the problem.

David

Alex Maxim

Did you check the viewfinder's contacts? The AF sensor is there, right?

DBF

Firmware is 350 not 359. I didnt change anything - no reloading - nothing.
I also cleaned the contacts to viewfinder and Digi-back - no change.

At Hasselblad/Germany, they told me on Telephone, that the Sensor for Focus is in the Camera Body - not in the viewfinder.
But the Man seemd to be not really sure..

Does anybody know?

Alex Maxim

Nope, sorry. The exposure metering is in the viewfinder. AF sensor is not there. I've checked and my camera focuses without the viewfinder on.

davidthescot

Try downloading the latest firmware version from the Hasselblad web site and updating the firmware on your camera.  Firmware version 350 is for the H4D-60 not your camera.

davidthescot

There was a firmware version 350 for your camera as well but it had bugs so I strongly suggest a firmware update before sending the camera back.  It may just be a bug or it may be the wrong firmware.  Very much worth a try.

DBF

I go for Holiday in two Days. I really want my Camera to go too!
Now I can make Photos with manual Focus - better than no Photo!

Is there any Risk in the Update? - I have never tried that!