ICC input profile is missing???

Previous topic - Next topic

OMRA

I use Pc flex 4.8.6, and i have update the firmware, but when shoot to a cf card after processed the images dont have a icc profile.
in flex setup says that the input profile is missing, and to go to control panel, what to do?

HELP
Regards
Octavio Alcantara

DenisM

Omra,

See my thread here> http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php/topic,149.0.html

What OS are you using? Is it 32bit or 64bit?

In File/Setup/ICM have you Ember Profile and Convert checked?

Is there a yellow flag warning?

D.

NickT

I'm no PC user so guessing a bit here. On a mac there are at least three separate locations for profiles. I suspect that flexcolour is looking for the profiles in your user folder, ie the folder that contains your specific settings. Do a search on the PC for the one profile that flexcolor DOES see and make a note of those locations, then make sure you duplicate the profiles into all those locations to be on the safe side (or use alias if the system supports them). When you installed the latest flexcolor did you install it or just update the application? The installer should place the profiles in the correct location..

Hope that helps
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

OMRA

Quote from: DenisM on July 23, 2008, 05:55:53 AM
Omra,

See my thread here> http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php/topic,149.0.html

What OS are you using? Is it 32bit or 64bit?

In File/Setup/ICM have you Ember Profile and Convert checked?

Is there a yellow flag warning?

D.

Is Xp pro 32bit
hand a yellow flag,
emb profile and convert is checked
dont know wath to do

Octavio
Regards
Octavio Alcantara

robertpoll

Hi Octavio,

I'm pretty certain that the profiles you need are in \windows\system32\spool\drivers\color as Denis mentioned. You should see a bunch of Hasselblad profiles there - I think HasselbladRGB.icc is the one you need. If they are missing I have put copies of mine at: http://www.orbphoto.co.uk/files/Hasselblad.zip Download and unzip them to your desktop (or wherever) then select them, right click and pick install. Then try flexcolor again. If it works you can delete the files you downloaded as they will be copied to the directory above.

If this doesn't work I'd suggest re-installing Flex.

good luck!

...rob
robert poll photography | www.robertpoll.com | +44(0) 7768 466663

DenisM

Hi Robert,

I have HasselbladRGB in both folders along with Adobe 1998 and all the rest. But, I still can't select any of them (other than some variant of sRGB) in FlexColor's Setup/ICM tab.

Furthermore, even though I haven't chosen HasselbladRGB in the ICM tab, TIFFs saved from FC open in CS3 with this profile attached (something which CS3, set to Adobe 1998 in colour preferences, doesn't alert me to.) and I have NO idea how this can be. Maybe Hasselblad 1998 is some kind of default profile when you haven't chosen one - or been unable to, as in my case?

Thanks for your input.

Denis

OMRA

Quote from: robertpoll on July 23, 2008, 09:09:34 PM
Hi Octavio,

I'm pretty certain that the profiles you need are in \windows\system32\spool\drivers\color as Denis mentioned. You should see a bunch of Hasselblad profiles there - I think HasselbladRGB.icc is the one you need. If they are missing I have put copies of mine at: http://www.orbphoto.co.uk/files/Hasselblad.zip Download and unzip them to your desktop (or wherever) then select them, right click and pick install. Then try flexcolor again. If it works you can delete the files you downloaded as they will be copied to the directory above.

If this doesn't work I'd suggest re-installing Flex.

good luck!

It is working... thanks .

...rob
Regards
Octavio Alcantara

robertpoll

Hi Denis,

You might want to try uninstalling/reinstalling the profiles - just being in the directory isn't enough they have to be installed by right clicking and selecting install. To uninstall you right click and select unistall profile. You could then remove the files and try my ones - maybe yours have got damaged somehow. No guarantee this will fix the problem but worth a try...?

...rob
robert poll photography | www.robertpoll.com | +44(0) 7768 466663