phocus does not see the pictures in the browser

Previous topic - Next topic

flo

I have purchased recently a H3DII-39. Had to install Leopard on my Macbook pro to put phocus to work. It worked tethered during a testrun. Now one day later, the files are visible as thumbnails, you can read the camera settings if you click on the thumbnails, but no image appears in the viewer-window, no histogram etc. No means to modify the settings, names etc. What could have happened?
Same problem on my Mac pro dual intel 3ghz 6gb ram. Any idea which fault I could have committed?

robertpoll

Apologies if this is what you're doing, and is too simple an answer, but are you double clicking the images in the thumbnails window to open them? Also it's not quite instant response so you need to be a bit patient...?
robert poll photography | www.robertpoll.com | +44(0) 7768 466663

flo

well, I don't double click on the thumbnails, the one that is highlighted shows it's IPTC characters, but no histogram, no preview, no RVB Values, and no possibility to convert the image. The saddest thing is; I have it seen working fine on my computer, but even the preview I had worked on with my laptop before stayed fixed, and did not show up after reboot. This happens on two different computers alike.

flo

ok, I found out what it was (thanks to DB photo in Paris): Phocus does not recognize 3f format. You have to import those into phocus, and then they can be managed by doubleklicking on the thumbnails. They become fff files by the import., and you cannot revert them to 3f file format.
another way passing time...