HCD 4,0-5,6/35-90

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Please use this thread to post reviews, opinions and images from the HCD 4,0-5,6/35-90.

Here is a link to the technical data for the HCD 4,0-5,6/35-90:

http://hasselblad.com/media/1473704/uk_hcd35-90_datasheet.pdf
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

symbolphoto

I shoot almost entirely weddings... here is some of my work.

HLArt

I get them all, but the  HC 35-90 and the 2,2 100 are my favorites.

symbolphoto

stephanbruehl

Lanzarote: 
@42mm, 1/50, f/12, ISO 50

stephanbruehl

once more Lanzarote:  Arrecife, Puerto los Mármoles
@55mm, 1/125, f/12, ISO 100

rem

in our future living room... HC 35-90mm

symbolphoto

jingq

jay1001

First pic upload here - so hopefully have done it correctly...

GeorgeTelis

I am considering to replace my 35mm and 80mm lens with 35-90mm zoom. I shoot fashion and landscapes (hobby) and for both situations i use f5.6 +. The only thing i need is sharpness and the ability to have only one lens so you do not have to change lens every little while. In terms of sharpness and optical quality how is 35-90mm compared to 35mm and 80mm ?

Thanks in advance.

davidthescot

I have just gone the other way on my h4d60.  The 35-90 is a nice and very useful lens but I found that it is just not as sharp as the primes.

GeorgeTelis

I was always a big fun of primes but this was just an idea tha came after a weekend of shooting under heavy rain and snow. Considering your opinion it seems like it is a better idea to keep the extra money for the 100mm f2.2 that is undoubtedly one of the best lens ever made.

Michael H. Cothran

I only own one H lens, and it's the 35-90. Less than a month old, I've only been out with it one time, other than playing around the house. I bought it based on all reports I read being very positive. Hasselblad, themselves claim it to be the finest zoom ever made - equal or better than the primes it replaces. Plus, even though it is quite expensive, it is far more economical than 2-3 primes it would replace. My main objective is landscapes, and I figure this one lens could provide about 90% of my shooting. It is quite a monster of a lens, I must admit. It does not balance well on the H body, in my opinion, being quite nose heavy. So much so, that I ordered some components from Really Right Stuff to build my own support bracket for it while mounted to my tripod. Nonetheless, I am pleased with it, and am impressed with the IQ I've seen. But keep in mind I have no other H lens with which to compare it. Below is an image I shot this past weekend in downtown Nashville - just out having fun. I've also included a tight crop of a small portion to show detail. If there's anything better out there, I'm sure not missing it with what I'm getting from this lens.