HC/HCD FIRMWARE

Previous topic - Next topic

FG

So if my lens tells me I can upgrade to the HC / HCD LENSES FIRMWARE 19.0.3, would AF work on the X1D ...? And another question from the X1D with the adapter can you upgrade the HC lens ...?

Thank you

Paul Claesson

Quote from: FG on May 29, 2020, 01:08:08 AM
So if my lens tells me I can upgrade to the HC / HCD LENSES FIRMWARE 19.0.3, would AF work on the X1D ...? And another question from the X1D with the adapter can you upgrade the HC lens ...?

If your HC/HCD lens has firmware version 18.0.0 or above you can update the firmware in the lens to 19.0.3 and this will allow AF on the X1D/X1D II.

From the 19.0.3 readme:
The 19.0.3 release adds AF support for additional HC/HCD Lenses when using the XH Lens Adapter with the X1D Camera. Now, all HC/HCD Lenses except the HC120 Macro can be used with AF. It also adresses a problem with some lenses that could hit the end stops too hard. This firmware should be used for all HC/HCD lenses.
Please note that the HC/HCD Lens must have firmware 18.0.0 or later. Lenses with older firmware have hardware that cannot be updated with this firmware. They can only be used with manual focus on the X1D.

Yes, you can perform the firmware update to the HC/HCD using the XH adapter on the X1D/X1D II, provided firmware in the is 18.0.0 or above.
Paul Claesson
Orbitvu USA
Former Hasselblad Employee

FG

dzubot

Hi does anyone have a copy of the older firmware v 18.8.7 or similar? I put the new firmware v19.0.3 on my HC 50 II lens but now the camera is laggy and the lens makes a secondary sound when taking images. I'm using A6D 100c camera for mapping work. I have both the rgb and NIR, I put the new firmware on the NIR and it is now slow after taking an image. I confirmed this by swapping the lens with the rgb camera and the issue follows the lens.

JCM-Photos

Hi, You should directly contact Hasselblad support, also because il's an industrial camera, not a consumer camera.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

dzubot

Yes I am trying to get copy of the old firmware from Support

I had no issues before upgrading now I have issues, camera lags, if I have interval set to 2.5 seconds or greater it will skip frames because it can't keep up, the lens seems to be doing something extra that it never did before which is slowing it down.

Anyone with an A6D - DO NOT UPDATE TO THIS NEW LENS FIRMWARE.

I will report back when I get copy of old firmware to confirm it was the firmware causing issues.

fh29

Quote from: Paul Claesson on May 30, 2020, 03:28:49 AM
Now, all HC/HCD Lenses except the HC120 Macro can be used with AF.
Paul,
Is the AF expected to work with the HC120 at some point, or some hardware constraints prevent it ?
Thanks
Frederic