XCD 135 with the 1.7 extender

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennersten

I am living in the middle of the nature and the urge for a tele lens started.

I know that the X1D is'nt the best camera for animal photography. But i sure want to try.

Does anybody have any hands on experience with that Combo?

Can anybody point me to some samples?  I have searched quite a lot but didn't found anything.

OleBe

I am sorry that I cannot help out with photos of animals.

What I did try however was to get a nice picture of the moon. Think that worked out pretty well with the converter and lens. :)

The quality of the combo is top notch and I would guess with a little practice you can easily shoot high quality pictures of animals as well.

spb-ch

Thoroughly agree the 135 +1.7 is a great combo, nice moon shot.

Dennersten

Very nice moon shot!!

What do you generally shoot with the lens?

/Håkan

OleBe

Thank you, both! :-) I have bought it directly before the COVID-19 lockdown for portraits...

Fortunately it seems I can start shooting soon again outside to give it a go. Planned to visit Italy with my wife this summer and take some shots there as well - postponed.

JCM-Photos

hot air balloon shooting in the early morning and dim light

X1D with XCD 135 and x1.7
3200 ISO 1/640s f:5.6

RAW developed in Phocus
Sharpen your eyes not your files

JCM-Photos

shoot from a gyrocopter, french Atlantic coast salt marshes

X1D XCD135 without extender

ISO 400 1/2000s f:6.3

RAW developed in Phocus
Sharpen your eyes not your files

Dennersten

Great thanks! Love to see more samples if possible?

spb-ch

Here we go Håkan, just had the chance to go and walk with just the XCD 135 and no converter. I have edited and exported from Phocus to within the JPG size. When you double-click the colours are correct. I don't understand why.

Dennersten

Thanks! Lovely pictures! I ordered one today!!  ;D Thanks for inspiration!

spb-ch

Hej Håkan, Thanks a lot, I must admit I do love the one of the horse. Good luck with the lens, I am sure you will get on with it.

I saw your other thread saying you are coming from Leica I presume the M, I also had a Leica M, but I am glad I moved to MF.

Dennersten

The one on the horse is great!

I had 25 Leica M.s a year ago. I sold 23 of them during winter to finance the family restaurant. I have 3 left which is only collecting dust now since i found the X1D

spb-ch

That sounds like a sale of love to finance the restaurant, I hope it is successful! Where is it? Stockholm? What's it called?

Dennersten

Quote from: spb-ch on August 07, 2020, 01:08:09 AM
That sounds like a sale of love to finance the restaurant, I hope it is successful! Where is it? Stockholm? What's it called?

It's called Tiosken, in Southern Sweden in an area called Österlen, a little like the Swedish Provence.
And yes, we got an extremly good start

https://500px.com/photo/1020567953/Cow-Portait-by-H%C3%A5kan-Dennersten/

My lens arrived and here is one of the first pictures.

spb-ch

The cow looks as if he is in motion towards you....  :)Oh that must be a beautiful part of Sweden near Kristianstad I didn't realize it was so far from Stockholm. I see also on the map the island of Visby, where a friend of mine from Jersey, went for the island games in 2017.

This looks fun too Pedal-Draisine in Fyledalen!