HTS 1.5

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Please use this thread to post reviews, opinions and images from the HTS 1.5.

Here is a link to the technical data for the HTS:

http://hasselblad.com/media/1332322/uk_hts_datasheet_v6.pdf

Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

stephanbruehl

HTS with 2.8/80mm:  Tilt -10.9°, Shift -1.1mm. 1/8, f/22 @ ISO 50
Distance to the first flowers appr. 1m or less.

stephanbruehl

Bilbao, Guggenheim
HTS with 3.5/35mm: Tilt -0.4°, Shift +18mm, 1/320, f/7.1 @ ISO 100

stephanbruehl

HTS with HCD 4/28mm:  Tilt -0.3°, Shift +9.3mm. 1/90, f/11 @ ISO 50

stephanbruehl

Lanzarote, Salinas de Janubio:
HTS with HCD 4/28mm, Tilt -2.6°, Shift -1.9mm, 1/100, f/12 @ ISO 50

stephanbruehl

Flowers of Monet's garden in Giverny:

HTS with 2.8/80mm (hand held !!): Tilt -4.2°, Shift 0, Rot -90°
1/180, f/6.3 ISO 400

Richard M

H3D 39, 100mm, HTS(T -10.5, S -0.4, R 90), ISO200, f 5.0, 1/90.

Phil G

Super silky shots Derek

Despite my earlier reservations I picked up a HTS a few days ago

I'm used to Loupe on GG focusing so I anticipate this will be a steep learning curve but much less weight to carry

Phil
Photography is not just an end in its self but a powerful vehicle for Learning

rem

Thanks Derek for the great pictures. I'm not so sure because I would use the HTS also much for architecture and some say the quality is far away from a Alpa/Arca etc... But I think the quality should always be better than architecture with a 35mm!???? lg, rem

desertdiver

Played a bit with HTS + HCD28 and HC35. Combo, i.e. used lens + HTS can be seen from filename.

Shooting distance for the pepper was 50 cm between the front object and lens filter (polarizing), f11, 1/8 sec, ISO50, tilt=-7.9,

while the minimum distance between the front tube and the HC35's front lens was 30cm (40cm to the tube in the back ground), f11, 1/4 sec, ISO100, tilt=-6.3, rot=90,

and minimum distance for the HTS+HCD28 combo was approximately 5cm shorter, f11, 1/4 sec, tilt=-4, rot=90

ACorrodi

Dereck
Does the HTS + 28 cover the 60's sensor? Would you know?
F

Greg

Derek,

Normally I don't like these types of photos, but this one sort of grabs me.  Great job!

Greg

Henry

Derek,

Cracking image made all the more impressive by using the HTS in a blizzard - braver man than me!

Henry

Greg

Derek,

Congratulations!  I'll bet it is stunning at that size.

Greg

jonathan.lipkin

Derek -

Do you find it hard to focus with the HTS? Coming from 4x5, with its nice large ground glass, I'm finding the H3 a bit hard to use. My procedure with the 45 was to focus on a far point, then tilt until the near point was in focus. This worked because I was using a field camera that had base tilt. I think that the HTS has axis tilt - that the lens rotates on a nodal point in the center of the lens, rather than base tilt which rotates around a nodal point at the base of the camera (I think I'm using these terms correctly but not positive).

So, my procedure with the HTS has been to compose, then focus on the center of the frame. Then, I dial in a very small amount of tilt - most of what I've read about 45 says that the amount of tilt should be in the 1-3 degree range in most cases for landscape.

So far I've been getting things pretty much in focus, but in a few cases I've been out of focus at infinity.