Hassy HDIII not firing

Previous topic - Next topic

dougberry

I am running an HDIII with a Hassy 22 back have been shooting for 2 days with an 80mm 2.8, flawless functioning and today when while shooting half way through the shoot I press the shutter button and nothing happens, all menus are fine and double checked all settings, card is fine and back is fully operational.
I am guessing it is the contact from the body to the shutter in the lens that is causing this problem, I have cleaned the contacts but it still will not take a frame.
Any ideas? ???

NickT

Hi Doug
Have you tried with another lens? There is a custom option (11) under settings to allow the camera to fire with no lens attached, enable this and see if the camera is firing without the lens attached.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

dougberry

Nick in the Custom options settings? my 11 is"lens exposure lock" I have the HDIII II and sadly I only have one lens at this time.
Is it common for the shutter to not operate on the 80?

dougberry

Just downloaded Phocus and updated the firmware and the camera fired remotely from Phocus and from the trigger, Problem solved?
Is there firmware for lenses specifically?

grandguru

It is possible that the release button switch has failed, an easy repair. There is no lens specific firmware update for your camera that can be installed with Phocus.

dougberry

After updating the firmware it seems to be working fine.
I will be shooting with the camera all day today ( with a backup on set) so I will see what happens......

NickT

Quote from: dougberry on October 18, 2010, 03:58:19 PM
Nick in the Custom options settings? my 11 is"lens exposure lock" I have the HDIII II and sadly I only have one lens at this time.
Is it common for the shutter to not operate on the 80?

Yes that's the custom option, turn the lens lock off then you'll be able to fire the camera without a lens attached, that way you can confirm if it's the shutter release that is the problem or the lens. Shutters do fail but I wouldn't say it's a common problem.
Nick-T

dougberry

Bad day with Hassy again, after tethered shooting with no problems when I disconnect the camera does not shoot when depressing button, must be the trigger button is failing?

NickT

Doug can you confirm if the camera fires without a lens attached as per my last?
Cheers
Nick-T

dougberry

Nick,
I cannot fire the camera without the lens attached in the #11 setting on or off.
I did however revert to the default setting on the hand grip and the camera seems to be functioning fine once again, my concern now is if this is an intermittent problem that may arise again?