help. problem with up dating equipment and Flexcolour-images look flat

Previous topic - Next topic

ALB

Can anyone help with this problem?

I've never posted here before but have always found the information in other posts really useful in solving any prob;ems but this time i'm really stumped.

We are up dating or computers for location work and have a new 17"Macbook pro running Snow leopard (osX 10.6.4), a H2D-22, and a 645 with V96 back. We're using Flexcolor 4.8.10. Usually shooting tethered.

On this new machine all the images look flat in flex color. even with the standard profiles. I've put the ICC profiles in the colorsync-profiles folder in both the main library and the user library.  In the scratch pad window the images look fine but when opened in the main Flexcolor window they become really flat. If I save down an image from Flex and open it in photoshop it has the correct profile and looks exactly as it does in the scratch pad. What's going on??

can anyone suggest any way of solving this problem? (please don't suggest we switch to phocus. we don't have time at the moment to change all our machines over, and i really need to get this laptop running in the same way as all the others in the studio.)

any help would be appreciated.

thanks. 

Dustbak

I cannot be of much help. The only gripe I had with Flexcolor and Snow Leopard was that my color profiles in Flexcolor were gone after Snow Leopard. I have to export my images first and attach the color profile in Adobe afterwards to get it right again.

I don't want to take the P word in my mouth but this was one of the reasons I did switch to P.

grandguru

I think you may have a colour profiles location problem. I am not in a place where I can check the setup but I would like to suggest that you uninstall Flexcolor and temporarily install an older version and then re-install  version 4.8.10. The way Mac OS handles ICC profiles varies varies from version to version and the above workaround should work. I dont like giving advice when I cant check it but you sound like you need it urgently.
You will try 'P' one day and you will probably like it.

ALB

thanks. I'll try the uninstall reinstall.

I'd been thinking it could be that flex couldn't find the profiles.

should I delete the icc profiles when I uninstall or leave them as they are?

I'm sure we will switch to phocus. it's just that we have no time to learn it at the moment and not knowing how to operate you tools in front of clients doesn't look good.

ALB

well i've tried uninstalling, installing an earlier version of Flex color and reinstalling Fexcolor 4.8.10.

That doesn't seem to have made any difference. Still flat images in the main image window, with the scratchpad images looking ok and the saved down files have the correct profiles. Any other ideas? I didn't try to delete the icc profiles should I try that?

is any one running Flexcolor 4.8.10 on snow leopard 10.6.4 successfully?

grandguru

Yes, 4.8.10 works on Snow leopard. Try deleting your relevant prefs and devices (not sure what I mean? check with your local Hasselblad people if you are in doubt). These will not have been removed when you uninstalled. Also look at your 'setup' to see if there is anything that is unexpected. These are just tips to point you in the right direction but you may need some phone support from a friend or Hasselblad support.