Mirror up with cable release

Previous topic - Next topic

Andre Regini

I've looked and asked on forums about this function on the H3D but no one seems to think it exists. If it does, let me know.

An custom function option where a half press (or the first press) on a cable release locks the mirror up instead of performing a focus. And then for bracketed shots to be able to use continuous shoot mode or the interval timer function and keep the release pressed to get your exposures with the mirror staying up. There are plenty of times I want to lock the mirror up then wait for the appropriate moment to take my shot. Reaching over to the MUP button each time is clumsy and inconvenient especially if you're 10ft up a step ladder in the wind.

The Canon 1Ds has a feature where if you have the timer release and bracketed exposure selected, it takes all three shots automatically in rapid succession after the timer interval. It doesn't do this with the mirror locked up however which is what is really needed and you often miss time shots. So a nice have, but not as much as the half press MUP.

Andre Regini

www.regini.com
www.kingbridge.co.uk

My Work - My Copyright - My Choice - My Right

pchong

you can keep the mirror up by a function within the Self Timer menu...access menu/self timer, scroll with top wheel till you see keep mirror down toggle to keep mirrow up with the vertical wheel. Trouble is I did that but my H3D refuses to return to keep mirror down...and stays up all the time, returning only manually by pressing the MU button.