Imagebank (40Gb) problem

Previous topic - Next topic

jordiE

Hi everybody.
This is Jordi, from Barcelona. I've a H1D-22Mp camera and a 40 Gb Imagebank.
Now the IB have a problem: when I press the On/Off button the red light remains always and there is no response of the IB, neither attached to the camera or computer (PC with XP).
No sounds, no signs of disk head movement....
May someone help me?
Some experiences or advises?
Thanks  in advance.

NickT

Hi Jordi
First thought, did you press and HOLD the power button? If you hold the button down for a couple of seconds it tells the image bank to expect a firmware update, you would then connect to a computer running Flexcolour of Phocus and update the firmware.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

jordiE

Thanks NickT for your fast reply.
Today I'm happy. Let me tell you why.
Surprisingly the IB is working well now. After more than two days trying unsucessfully to get some response of the IB after pressing the On/Off button, connected or not to the computer, pressing and holding the On/off button to force the firmware updating... this morning he has decided to show the green light.
I have two IB. The battery were fully charged two days ago. One of IB has no problem to startup and communicate with PC. The second IB was unable to startup and connect to PC using the same battery.
I've decided to check the battery voltage: 8,1 V. OK. Then while I was checking the current he dies ( I think that the battery has a thermal or shortcircuit protection inside). Trying to recover the battery, some hours after I put the battery on the AC charger and... seems works !!.
After five minutes on charger I plug the battery at the IB and WORKS.
I'm electronic and nuclear engineer and I'm unable to explain this. It seems that the root cause may be something related with the battery but I can't explain what.
Of course during the problem I did open the IB case, check the voltages (where I'd can)... without sucess.
I hope this experience may be useful for the hassy-users.
Thanks for your support