help help

Previous topic - Next topic

maubwana

Huge urgent request in madagascar 10 days shoot left and not sure how to sort - I get various errors like "re-attach digital back" which I do then all fine for 1 shot and then everything locks up ie cannot turn off power etc.when I remove battery and try to turn on it will not start for again unless I leave for 10 mins at least. Then I get one shot and something else gives error like "re-attach lens". I know obvious to get checked but really need to complete shoot - any ideas, pse pse!!

Dino

Hello maubwana ,
What Hasselblad system is this ? & what firmware are you running , in both the digital back & camera body ?
Is this occurring with just the one lens or multiple lenses ?

You could first start with cleaning down both the lens contacts on the Lens & Camera body & also the viewfinder contacts
on both the camera body & Viewfinder. ( Use a soft clean cloth)

It could be a matter of dust particles having been lodged on one or some of the contacts , thus getting intermittent contact & errors.

grandguru

Good advice from Dino.
Check you have the correct firmware/software check on the Hasselblad website for the current version or tell us what camera you have and ask here. Also try this is if the other tips dont work, seperate the body and back, power them up seperately and connect together. Beware of the dreaded condensation.

maubwana

Hi guys thks for input I am using h3d 31 and latest phocus v2 but now worried maybe did not update the back as always transfer imagery and no access to website for later software update until tmorrow as comms very slow here (typing on blackberry) I did all the above suggestions worked for 6 shots and then said communication error. I then remove back and put together and sometimes works. If I turn the power off and then try to restart it immediately goes to issue with back. I have cleaned contacts and powered seperate to no avail. Stupid ? How to I update software on camera? Thks again

grandguru

Latest Phocus is 2.5.2 (Mac and PC). 68-92MB
Latest back firmware for you is R262. 1.4MB
Latest body firmware for you is 2.2.2 260KB

You can install the firmware to the back and body using Phocus.

Dick Roadnight

I am sure that spraying WD40 would not be a good idea, but applying a little switch lubricant/cleaner or something to the contacts might help.

¿Are there any approved materials or methods?

If the contact pins are sprung, then one or more of them might be stuck... dirt or a grain of sand or something.

If cleaning improves performance from one shot to six, then you are on the right track.
H4D-60, 50-100mm, 300mm, CF, Flexbody, P3

maubwana

thanks firstly for all the help - i have tried everything, cleaning with little spray, update firmware etc etc - i am down to shooting now with only the finder removed (v90) - any more ideas?