H3D 50 MP plus tilt/shift adaptor announced

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Hasselblad have announced the H3D 50MP along with a tilt/shift adaptor. The adaptor will work with the 28, 35, 50 and 80mm lenses, +/-18mm shift, +/- 10 degrees tilt, +/- 90 degrees rotation
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

H3dfan

Hi Nick, does it have optical componants to adjust for the thickness of the adapter or will it only work in macro mode?

NickT

Good question! I was under the impression it will focus at infinity so I guess some glass in it unless there is a way to drive H lenses past infinity..
I have asked Gothenburg the question and will report back.
Nick-T

rsmphoto

Nick,

Image circles for the 28, 35, 50 & 80. Where can we find this info?

Thanks,

Richard

rsmphoto

Also, in terms of lens cast, I'm curious whether there'll be a DAC type correction available in Phocus, or will the procedure for correction be akin to that with the existing cameras with movements.

NickT

Latest titbits:

Lens are converted X1.5
Does focus at infinity (has glass in it)
Does use DAC corrections

More news as I get it:)

Nick-T

PeterA

NickT

hcubell

Nick:
What does this mean in terms of the effective FOV of a lens with the T/S device? Does it mean that the Hassy 28 esssentially will have the same FOV as a 28mm(i.e., 28mm x 1.5 x .7) rather than a 20mm?
Thanks.

Chris Gahran

Nick, what can you tell us about the new back? 
Single shot and MS?  Same physical size CCD as the 22mp and 39mp? 
Exposures per minute?

NickT

Quote from: hcubell on July 05, 2008, 09:48:26 AM
Nick:
What does this mean in terms of the effective FOV of a lens with the T/S device? Does it mean that the Hassy 28 esssentially will have the same FOV as a 28mm(i.e., 28mm x 1.5 x .7) rather than a 20mm?
Thanks.

All the lens get multiplied by 1.5 so 28=42 35=52 50=75 and 80=120.
Nick-T

NickT

Quote from: Chris Gahran on July 05, 2008, 12:49:29 PM
Exposures per minute?

Sorry Chris
Very little data on the 50MP as yet. I'm guessing same size as current chips (so smaller photosites), single shot for now (historically multi shot always seems to come a few months later, and as for frame rates I'm hearing 1FPS.
Will post more info as I hear it.
Regards
Nick-T

NickT

Quote from: Chris Gahran on July 05, 2008, 12:49:29 PM
Exposures per minute?

Latest info:
Chip size is the same as the 22 and 39 at 36.8X49.1
Frame rate is expected to be better than the 39 at 1 frame a second.

Nick-T

harmsr

Thanks for the information.  I see it is also officially announced now on the Hassy site.

I'm pretty excited about the T/S adaptor, as this could really help in product shots for DOF using it as tilt/swing via rotation.  I was considering having to actually purchase a tech camera to use my back on, but hopefully this will meet my needs.  So far the amount of T/S range it allows seems to be fine for my needs.  Fingers are crossed here.

Any news on shipping dates and cost?

Best,

Ray

NickT

More information on the T/S:

The HTS will work with the HCD28 (not on film or on 3rd party solutions), HC35, HC50 and the HC80 with optical performance optimized for the HCD28 and the HC80. You can attach other lenses such as the HC150 and the HC210, but we do not guarantee optical performance with these lenses.

The HTS1.5 will work on ALL H cameras. However, all the nice digital corrections we can make, will only be available with a Hasselblad digital capture product (excluding the ixpress).

The HTS1.5 has intergral sensors on all axis, giving the camera detailed information about any shift, tilt or rotation. This will allow us to do the following digital corrections:

- Distortion. Will work even if the lens is shifted, tilted or rotated
- Chromatic aberration. Will work even if the lens is shifted, tilted or rotated (the distance will vary across the image if the lens is tilted)
- Vignetting. Will work regardless of setting.
- Perspective change due to tilt. We will correct for the change in perspective when the lens is tilted.
- Focus adjustment. Even though the HTS1.5 is limited to manual focus only, we can calculate how much the focus point is moved due to tilt and automatically adjust the lens accordingly. The shift in focus is because the tilt point is not in the image plane.

Data sheets are also now available on the Hasselblad website here

Nick-T