Hasselblad FAQs

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Just found some rather useful FAQs on the Hasselblad website, you'll need to log in to see them so I've pasted a few here, let me know if you'd like more posted:

Adobe RGB 1998 can not be selected in Flexcolor
In order to be able to select the working space "Adobe RGB 1998" in Flexcolor you first need to install Adobe Photoshop on your computer system or manually install the ICC profiles.

Do all Hasselblad (FireWire) Digital Backs require at least 10 watts input?

Yes, all Hasselblad FireWire powered backs require 10 watts of input power.
We do realize that some portable computers speck their FireWire port output at 8 watts and that this would potentially pose a problem in using them with Hasselblad digital cameras and backs. We have seen our backs working successfully with such computers in spite of the lower rating, but in general, would recommend the use of a powered FireWire hub, such as the one available under item number 2380 from http://www.granitedigital.com/ for such application.

Apply crop to a series of images
It is possible to save a series of images out to Photoshop with the same cropping and setting as the one you have active in the preview window. Simply select the images, press the save button in the scratchpad window and select "Current setting and cropping"

How do I retrieve Firmware version information from my CF- generation Hasselblad Ixpress back?

1. Press "menu"
2. Scroll to "Settings"
3. Press and hold "i" button and press your navigator button direction right
4. Scroll to and enter menu item "Service"
5. Scroll to and enter menu item "Information"
6. At the request of Hasselblad Tech Support, please report the FW version number(s) shown in this window to us. To retrieve all version numbers, use the navigator button to scroll. In the event that you have been experiencing camera system crashes on your CF- generation, Tech Support may ask you to press "Save Logdata". This will generate a text file containing information on system crashes, which will be very helpful in Hasselblad efforts to help you solve a possible problem locally.

How do I access the service menu of my CF- generation Hasselblad Ixpress back?

Press "menu"
Scroll to "Settings"
Press and hold "i" button and press your navigator button direction right
Scroll to and enter menu item "Service"

How do I retrieve log data from my CF- generation Hasselblad Ixpress back?

In the event that you have been experiencing camera system problems on your CF- generation camera back, which require further investigation, Tech Support may ask you to press "Save Logdata". This will generate a text file containing information on system crashes, which will be very helpful in Hasselblad efforts to help you solve a possible problem locally.

. Press "menu"
. Scroll to "Settings"
· Press and hold "i" button and press your navigator button direction right
· Scroll to and enter menu item "Service"
· Scroll to and enter menu item "Save Logdata""

Your text file will be stored in the root of your CF card, from where you may retrieve it

My CF card does not allow use of its full storage capacity when shooting?

You may have deleted images off the CF card via Flex Color's import window without emptying the trashcan folder before un-mounting the CF card.
On a Mac, a trashcan folder is generated on the CF card. Forgetting to empty the trashcan folder before un-mounting the CF card, these deleted files will still be taking up space on the card and you will be able to neither delete nor browse such images from the back.
To regain full capacity, you must either:

. Format the CF card (always best when formatted in the back), or:
. Mount the CF card on the Mac, either via the Back (in card- reader mode) or a CF card reader and then emptying the trash can.

Can DNG files made with the H2D/H3D be modified in Bridge?

Yes, modifying the metadata of a DNG file exported from FlexColor is safe.

Which brands, capacities and specifications of CF cards are recommended for use with the CF, CFH and H2D/H3D camera backs?

Hasselblad digital cameras and camera backs in principle support all CF cards.
For optimum performance however, Hasselblad does recommend that you use CF cards specified at writing speeds of 120X (18Mb/sec) or better.

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano