Digital back has no power

Previous topic - Next topic

Smellydog

Hello,

I need help with this recent error message "Digital back has no power". I have a H3DII 39 camera. I have reset the memory on both rechargeable batteries. I have also tried with a new set of 3 LR123A  batteries without luck.

I have noticed that when I remove the battery grip, a very short duration (less than a second) of white screen shown on the digital back.

I have connected the FW800 cable to the digital back, then to my Apple computer with Phocus 2.5 running. Phocus does not recognize any conncection. Normally, Phocus would turn the digital back on automatically.

I have disassembled and reassembled the prism finder and the digital back from the camera body to make sure the connections are good.

The camera was working fine during my vacation on a hot island until I came back to Toronto. The camera lens and digital back were fogged up every time I stepped out from the hotel. The hotel was on a beach. Would that be the cause for the problem?

My camera has been updated to the current firmware. I have spent over a day and a half on the internet to find a solution. I could not find anything!

Thanks for reading my post!
Greatly appreciate your suggestions!

Alex Maxim

I have no idea what the cause may be, but have you tried cleaning the back and the battery contacts with alcohol?
Alex

Smellydog

Thanks Alex for your fast response and advice!

I cleaned both the digital back and the camera body contacts twice. Miracle has not happened yet!
I have also left the battery grip out for a long period of time hoping that the system would reboot itself. Still no luck!

NickT

Hi Peter
My guess would be that the system has been affected by humidity and may well need to be sent in for a service. It might be that it will dry out if you keep it somewhere warm and dry perhaps in a bag with some silica bags.
Keep us informed.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Smellydog

Hi Nick-T,

I shall certainly take your advice to keep the system dry. I have already removed the CF card from the slot and keep that little door to stay open. I am going to wait for a few days!

Any idea what is the minimum service charge? Do I need to send it back to Denmark? Do I need to take it to a camera store for them to send it out for me?
I don't think there is a service department for digital Hasselblad in Canada. I shall phone around on Monday.

Thanks so much for your reply!
Peter

Smellydog

Thanks Derek for your kind support!

This is a great community!

Peter

Smellydog

I received a email reply from Hasselblad tech support this morning. It was a very fast response!

This is quoted from the technician:

"When the back is plugged in to FireWire, the back should come on immediately. It is hard wired that way, it is not Phocus that turns the back on. So if the back does not turn on when plugged in to FireWire, chances are that something in the back shorted."

I am going to send the digital back to the States for repair.

Thanks everyone for reading my message!
Peter