H2D problem with images.

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

Hello everyone this is my first time on your forum..

I have a H2D using flexcolor, whan i have taken some pictures and place the memory card into the pc and transfer the images into Flexcolor some times the images are not showing  but they are visible on the camera back.

If i format the card before use each time this seems to work' fruststrating thi is some times they transfer to the PC ok.

Would rearlly appreciate any input.
thank you for your time
Rob

NickT

Hi Rob and welcome
We probably need some more information to work out what is going on here. If you have a card with say 20 images on it and you import those images into flexcolour are you saying that you can only see some of them after import, or that sometimes you cannot see any images at all? If the latter (which I think is the case) it may be as simple as you importing to a different folder from the one you are browsing. My first question is then, when you import images where do you save the files on your PC?
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Rob

Quote from: NickT on June 11, 2010, 09:22:28 AM
Hi Rob and welcome
We probably need some more information to work out what is going on here. If you have a card with say 20 images on it and you import those images into flexcolour are you saying that you can only see some of them after import, or that sometimes you cannot see any images at all? If the latter (which I think is the case) it may be as simple as you importing to a different folder from the one you are browsing. My first question is then, when you import images where do you save the files on your PC?
Nick-T
Hello Nick
thank you for your reply, i launch Fexcolor place the disk in the pc the files  thunb nails usually appear but on most occassions there is no image at all but the images can be seen on the camera.From here i usually save them to an external hard drive.
I must say i am not 100% sure i am doing the ru=ight thing in the way i do it?I always thought i had to have flexicolor launched to receive the files and save them from there.
Rob

NickT

Hi Rob
Yes the workflow is to use flexcolour to import the files from the card to somewhere on your computer. In the process they are converted from 3fr (compressed shooting format) to FFF (working format). So first step would be to launch flexcolour with a card in the card reader. Flexcolour will normally recognise that there has been a card inserted (from memory) and will bring up the dialogue box pictured where you can name the incoming files, assign a setup (or set of adjustments) and so on:

NickT

If the import window doesn't pop up click on the little icon circled to bring it up:

NickT

Flexcolour will then import the selected files from your card to whatever location you have chosen on your computer (the default is a folder called "scratchpad" on your desktop). Once the files are imported go to that folder to begin working on the files by clicking on the green grid circled:

NickT

At the top of the scratchpad window you'll see a pop up where you can choose a different folder from the default, ie the folder to which you imported the images from your card:

Hope that helps
Nick-T

Rob

Quote from: NickT on June 11, 2010, 10:26:11 AM
At the top of the scratchpad window you'll see a pop up where you can choose a different folder from the default, ie the folder to which you imported the images from your card:

Hope that helps
Nick-T

thank you really appreciate you taking the time to explain thank you i will give it try and let you know how i get on...

great to have met you so to speak.
kind regards
Rob