Phocus large previews

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Just an FYI
I have set phocus (in prefs) to save large previews.

I just spat out 647 previews in 2 mins 20 secs, each preview (H3D31) is 812X1082px.

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

robertpoll

Hey Nick,

That's great - you have to set this at capture time, right? There's no way to increase the preview size retrospectively?

One thing to add to the Phocus wish list is to speed up the export time - I'm sure it's possible as Lightroom can export much faster - about 9s per image versus 40s for Phocus.

...rob
robert poll photography | www.robertpoll.com | +44(0) 7768 466663

NickT

Quote from: robertpoll on June 25, 2008, 10:23:53 PM
Hey Nick,

That's great - you have to set this at capture time, right? There's no way to increase the preview size retrospectively?

That's correct previews are created at capture so it cannot be done retrospectively.

One thing to add to the Phocus wish list is to speed up the export time - I'm sure it's possible as Lightroom can export much faster - about 9s per image versus 40s for Phocus.

...rob

I guess part of the speed difference is down to DAC corrections being applied.. but I'd love to know how lightroom does it so fast..

Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

robertpoll

Hey Nick,

I just tried exports with and without DAC - makes about 10% difference so not much. I think it's just that Hasselblad hasn't spent the time to optimize the code for exporting. I don't think it's that lightroom is particularly fast - might be interesting for any aperture users to do a comparison.

It would be nice if Hasselblad dedicated some effort at some point in the not too distant future to improving it - having the option of larger previews makes it less painful (has anyone tested whether this slows down tethered capture though? If not, I will) but there are occasions where you need to output larger files in a hurry, and waiting a minute per file is painful if you have a few hundred.

....rob
robert poll photography | www.robertpoll.com | +44(0) 7768 466663