Technical information request (sensor thickness, back dimensions)

Previous topic - Next topic

dbm

Hi all.

I'd like to know the exact distance from focal plane to the front of the sensor cover glass. The backs I'd be most interested in would be the 22MP ones with I-Adaptor, starting with the oldest imacon ones with classical imagebank up to the CF-22, but for comparison data on the 39MP sensors would be welcome too.

Also; I'd very much like to know the precise distance from the middle of the sensor to the left side of the back without camera adapter.

The reason for me asking this is a vague idea for kind of a fun project: Though the back could be used easily on a Mamiya, there is also a SL66 which I like very much. There are however three problems I know of:
1. The focal plane shutter is very close to the, well, focal plane, so it might collide with the sensor cover glass at least on some sensors.
2. The focal plane shutter is fully mechanical, so triggering the back is a bit tricky. However, using a special cable release adapter, it seems to be possible for unmodified 2xx-Hassys, so why not for any other FP-Shutter-Camera?
3. The "nose" of the camera back makes it impossible to use backs that are too wide on the left side. To my knowledge, only Imacon / Hasselblad CF might fit.
Ah yes, Problem no 4: An adaptor would have to be manufactured. Should be possible though, lets just assume that. The mechanism is really simple on the SL66-backs side, and parts from film or pola magazines might be used.

As I said - a fun project I might try to do during the next years, if the information yo give me don't convince me it's completely impossible.

David