H1D Exif Data

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Méndez

Since I've had my H1D five years ago, there has been one detail that I've observed that has never appeared on the exif data of this camera: No lens information. I never get any information on Flexcolor, Phocus, Photoshop, Lightroom. As we all know, this was the first digital camera the Hasselblad launched, but the question is: Is there a problem with my camera ???, any firmwire :o or is this a problem for H1D model that Hasselblad forgot to arrange? :-\ Other amateur cameras aorund 300€ have these data's.

Thanks

alexkent

the H1D, the first camera that Hasselblad made as an 'integrated' system after merging with Imacon, does not have the required smarts to allow lens information to be communicated to the digital back.
sadly this means the H1D cannot record lens information, only Shutter speed and Aperture.
this explains why the DAC lens corrections cannot automatically be applied to H1D images in Phocus.
I have asked Hasselblad a couple of times to enable manual entry of lens settings (in the same way the V system lens corrections work) to enable DAC on H1D (and 132c 528c) images, but sadly it hasn't happened yet.

regards,

alex.

Roger Méndez

Thanks Alex for your information, that is what I expected to hear. It's a shame that it can read Aperture of lens but not lens information which I think is basic. This would be great if Hasselblad could give a solution so the users of H1D can still have a fully entire benefits as other camera has such as Phase one, Nikon, Canon...... with programs like Lightroom, Capture One, Photoshop, etc... Hasselblad cameras are great, but I hope they don't forget of older models so quickly as they did with H1D. I have a H3D 39  ::).