hasselblad and Aperture

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali Alriffai

I love aperture since day 1 and it's my main raw software longtime back and I don't have any problems in term of colors with my canons even if I know it doesn't use the camera profile as I love how aperture render the color in it's default engine
after longtime waiting for my hassie to be supported in OSX I could not believe how the image appears in aperture 3.0 ( before I use to export DNG from the raw in aperture 2) and the colors was ok
this is a quick test I did just now to show the difference between lightroom, aperture and Phocus
it's clearly showing how aperture way out and it's impossible to get the right colors
any help or comment could help please do not hesitate to post it

aikbo

Hi, I also have Aperture 2 and version 3. I did not notice any difference importing files. What I generally do is import the files to the computer with phocus and export these files as tiff files to a map and then import the files in Aperture 3.0 I do not know if this is the easiest way but it works fine for me. Regards Aik ::)

Phil G

Hi I also have been using Aperture since day one and now on A3

However i do not import Hasselblad RAW files into Aperture I use Phocus to import and convert to .3f  archive these in a file named Hasselblad on a backup drive and then import as referenced files into Aperture3 i.e. only metadata and Version stored in Aperture library  and Vault

I have no problems colours are ok I use X-Rite ColorChecker 

Regards

Phil
Photography is not just an end in its self but a powerful vehicle for Learning