Export 3FR files lost there edition from Phocus in Bridge

Previous topic - Next topic

Jevo

When I open new images in Phocus, I editing them in there. For example: more contrast, more recovery en shadow fill. After that, I save them and export the files to DNG. When I open Bridge, I see nothing. All the results of changing are lost. The pictures are the same as I open them for the first time. Can anyone tell me how its possible? Do I something wrong?
Beforehand thanks, Jan of the Netherlands

alexkent

DNG is a raw file format.
It must be processed before it can be viewed. The processing settings of different RAW processing engines (Hasselblad, Adobe, Apple) are not compatible with each other. Thus, exporting .DNG from Phocus is not able to transfer the Phocus settings you've made to Adobe's Raw processor in Bridge / ACR.
You must export as a TIF, PSD, JPEG, to apply the adjustments you've made in Phocus.

You can see the same problem/behaviour if you edit a RAW file in Adobe Camera RAW, save the changes then compare the appearance in Adobe Bridge and the Finder; Bridge will retain the changes made in ACR, Finder will not as it is using Apple's RAW processing engine and the settings do not transfer.

regards, Alex.

Jevo

Thanks Alex!! Your explanation is very clear!
It was more useful and customer friendly if Hasselblad to make it possible that exporting flies in DNG with the same architecture as those of Adobe. Like Leica!!

Nevertheless thanks again Alex