Difference between image in Phocus and PS CS4 using Snow Leopard

Previous topic - Next topic

David Grover

Jeff,

To be fair, you give the impression that support didn't help you at all.  But actually Eamon has asked for your ASP and a bit more info, so that he can look into it.

I would understand you being pee'd of if you got the standard response and nothing else - just a 'talk to your dealer' but you have Eamon's attention and he is looking into it for you.

Lets hope we come to a conclusion to help you out. ;)

David

jeff.grant@pobox.com

David,

I have done enough software support to know what a fob off looks like. I posted a screen grab with the two images side by side. The difference is obvious as it is in the shots I sent you. Maybe Eamon isn't a native anglo speaker, and I am merely reacting to his English but the overwhelming impression that I received was 'here's something to keep you busy that we can say later showed us nothing'.

I have a workaround which I will use but I am far from happy. Maybe Colin would shield me from this but the result would be no better. I would also suggest that you get a native English speaker to reword the standard Support response,.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

David Grover

Jeff,

I have to disagree.  Quoting from Eamon's email...

"Howvever not that we are discounting your findings , you may be able to assist us further via way of providing..."

That is not a fob off.  They need the ASP to even begin to look into the issue.

Eamon is a native English speaker.

David

jeff.grant@pobox.com

David,

Let's agree to disagree, I will wait to see what happens next.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

OK Folks, here's the update. Phocus appears to be functioning properly. My emails with the support folks has led to the conclusion that it is a PS/OS X issue. Apparently this thread addresses the issue but I haven't been able to get to the Adobe forums all day.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2620301
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

horseoncoboy

Quote from: Jeff on April 22, 2010, 07:27:11 PM
OK Folks, here's the update. Phocus appears to be functioning properly. My emails with the support folks has led to the conclusion that it is a PS/OS X issue. Apparently this thread addresses the issue but I haven't been able to get to the Adobe forums all day.

what did i told you ?

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Quote from: horseoncowboy on April 22, 2010, 11:23:30 PM

what did i told you ?

True, you did indeed. A link would have helped. I must also admit that I was a little skeptical based on your other Phocus post a while ago, but I will pay more attention in the future.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on April 22, 2010, 11:53:02 PM
Quote from: robertpoll on April 17, 2010, 07:33:23 AM
To raise a bug with hasselblad just email the details to support@hasselblad.com

...rob

Truth be told my fellow Hassy'ers, it's all Robert's fault.  ;)

Kind regards,
Derek

Exactly, Rob that was a great help, thanks. I've pissed off half the world at last count, had the equivalent of a standup brawl with David over at GetDPI, and also shown that Phocus works more reliably than PS at times.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

jeff.grant@pobox.com

That's the one. If I remember rightly, intercourse was also mentioned.
Cheers,

Jeff

www.jeff-grant.com

Derek Jecxz

horseoncoboy

Quote from: Derek Jecxz on April 23, 2010, 12:05:35 AM
Could you possibly mean the post where Horse called us Landscape Dentists?

Kind regards,
Derek

Quote from: Jeff on April 23, 2010, 12:01:52 AM
Quote from: horseoncowboy on April 22, 2010, 11:23:30 PM

what did i told you ?

True, you did indeed. A link would have helped. I must also admit that I was a little skeptical based on your other Phocus post a while ago, but I will pay more attention in the future.

derek hope it makes you happy when you hear that i will stop posting in this forum. i don't have to  share my knowledge in colormanagment or image processing here. so have funny in you fanboy world