****High ISO 400 NOISE ++++N.O.I.S.E.++++ NOISE and dealing with it ISO 400***

Previous topic - Next topic

Wick

Would love to hear how anyone deals with the really bad noise levels at 400 ISO.
I hate NOT using my H2 in candid shooting, but the noise factor is just the pits at 400 ISO.
Please let me know if you know a great way to work around the noise levels at 400 ISO.
I usually shoot fashion and editorial portraiture with full lighting and ONLY shoot at ISO 50.
Thanks!
Wick
www.wickbeavers.com ???

alexkent

the short answer is upgrade to a H4D40.

in the meantime you could certainly try throwing your 400iso shots from your H2D39 (presumably, did they make a H2D22 ?) at the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw in Photoshop CS5, turn up the Luminance and Colour noise reduction, and see how things look.

alex.

pchong

which back are you using. On the H3D-39...an oldish back...its quite fine...I think...ISO800, right out of the back, through Phocus, into CS4 for a bit of levels, resize, tiny sharpening.

Click http://pete.langezone.com/pics/singapore-city/durian1-1920.jpg for a 1920 wide version of the same.

Dick Roadnight

With a H3D11-50 and a 300mm lens, if I use 1/125 @ f8 @50 ISO, and I want 1/500 f16 for hand-held ambient, will 400 ISO give acceptable results?

And how much difference will I notice with the H4D-60?
H4D-60, 50-100mm, 300mm, CF, Flexbody, P3

Dick Roadnight

TareqPhoto

Wick

Thanks for the comebacks. You all sound like H salesmen, though.]
Rather than dealing with the problem and addressing it, the common thread answer was to buy another camera.
THAT's exactly what the manufacturer loves to hear.
Let's get our heads back together and make them deliver updates -or hey! products that are killer right out of the box- that enhance. support and protect your purchase.
Your new latest stuff is gonna be obsolesced in 3 months. Sorry you only have a 50mpix back cuz the 80 is coming out real soon.
Don't just go out and buy a new one... You'd be pissed if your Nissan sputtered out of use in 2 years.
Stand up with us. Demand updates and support!

Dick Roadnight

Quote from: Wick on December 03, 2010, 05:46:08 AM
Your new latest stuff is gonna be obsolesced in 3 months. Sorry you only have a 50mpix back cuz the 80 is coming out real soon.
Stand up with us. Demand updates and support!
The 50 now works ... with live view... and the 60 does not.

In three months I hope my 60 will be fully up and running with live view, iPad remote control...

They do support cameras decades old ¿does anyone else? and you may find that a 20 years old Hasselblad suits your requirements.

Th H4D-40 is good at high ISO, but I think I will get a GF2... hand-held in room light I think it might be better than an H4D-60!

Wick

Dick, Wick here. I'd have to disagree with you.
On the digital platform, I think they claim they will support and keep parts for a very limited time for the various models.
Like 2 years guaranteed. For me, $30-$50G is a big investment. I wish it weren't. But I'd like to expect to not only get my money's worth but to have that kind of purchase enthusiastically  ::)supported for the foreseeable future.
After seeing their latest releases, like the Ferarri model and the stainless body, it sure looks like they are pandering to collectors and high net worth individuals, not photographers who have recently been pretty bashed by the economy.
I worry the business model has dictated Hasselblad makes products that are as expendable and obsolescent as any computer today.
Just because it's digital, doesn't mean we should have to throw it away in 2 years, does it?
Best,
Wick Beavers

David Grover

Quote from: Wick on March 20, 2011, 12:09:35 PM
On the digital platform, I think they claim they will support and keep parts for a very limited time for the various models.
Like 2 years guaranteed. For me, $30-$50G is a big investment. I wish it weren't. But I'd like to expect to not only get my money's worth but to have that kind of purchase enthusiastically  ::)supported for the foreseeable future.
After seeing their latest releases, like the Ferarri model and the stainless body, it sure looks like they are pandering to collectors and high net worth individuals, not photographers who have recently been pretty bashed by the economy.
I worry the business model has dictated Hasselblad makes products that are as expendable and obsolescent as any computer today.
Just because it's digital, doesn't mean we should have to throw it away in 2 years, does it?
Best,
Wick Beavers

Hi Wick,

From your other thread it sounds like you have one of the ixpress products?

If so the sensor technology at that time was really not that great above base ISO.

Even though on the later models we have made some improvements to noise handling through the electronics in the hardware, there isn't really any more we can do firmware wise for the older models.

The reason why the H4D40 is so good at higher ISO and longer exposures is 80% down to the newer sensor technology.

D

Dick Roadnight

Quote from: David Grover on March 21, 2011, 09:04:54 PM
Quote from: Wick on March 20, 2011, 12:09:35 PM
Best,
Wick Beavers

Hi Wick,

From your other thread it sounds like you have one of the ixpress products?

If so the sensor technology at that time was really not that great above base ISO.

Even though on the later models we have made some improvements to noise handling through the electronics in the hardware, there isn't really any more we can do firmware wise for the older models.

The reason why the H4D40 is so good at higher ISO and longer exposures is 80% down to the newer sensor technology.

D
Hi, David - Can we not get bits and service for most or all Hasselblads made in the last 50 years?

David Grover