Curious about navigator window

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill L.

Hi All,

I'm running Phocus 2.0 on Windows Vista.  It works well for me, but I'm curious about the navigator window in Phocus.  It has a number of black pixels in the image, depending on the image say 2-3% to almost 15-20% of the total image can be blacked out pixels.  Any idea what these are supposed to indicate, and ideally how to get rid of them?  The image in the viewer at 100% looks fine, but I'm trying to figure out what the navigation window is trying to indicate.

Thanks!
Bill

KeithL

...and there was I thinking it was just me  ;)

alexkent

could someone post a screenshot ?

at a guess it's more likely a bug than a mysterious indication of something in the image.

Dustbak

From the sound of it, it seems to be more something that is in the embedded preview. Which is why you do not see it in the 100% view.

Try exporting jpg fast previews to see it they show this phenomena as well. I think they will.

KeithL

jpg fast previews are fine.

I'm not particularly concerned about this problem, more curious. I'll try to post a screenshot later.

KeithL

Dustbak

Ah.... I see. In the navigator pane itself, not in the preview.  I have not seen this myself, maybe it is Windows version related. I use MacOS.

Alex Maxim

Try downloading the latest video card driver. There was a version of nvidia driver that produced similar results in photoshop.

KeithL

Guys, apparently I have a Radeon HD4890 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express.

As I've said, I don't see this anomaly as a problem.

Dustbak

Funny. I have the same video card but flashed for the Mac.

KeithL