eyecup glue ?

Previous topic - Next topic

alexkent

hi,

the rubber eyecups from our H cameras often become detached from their plastic mounts..
does anyone have any advice on which adhesive will work best?

we've tried 2part epoxy and contact/impact adhesive, neither work very well.

regards, Alex.

grandguru

Superglue, Loctite 4062 to be precise.

Eivind Røhne

UHU super did the trick after losing 3 eyecups.
Cheers,
Eivind Rohne

Web: www.beyondtheice.no

Jerome

I have used very thick glue, so it's worked better than just glue the too thin eyecup

I'm "glad" to be not the only one with this problem !

Alex Maxim

Krazy glue has been holding it for almost a year for me. Clean with alcohol and apply generously :)
But if you camera is very tight in the bag the eyecup will keep falling off.

Derek, did you order one from a dealer? I couldn't locate it on the internet.

Alex

alexkent

many thanks all.

I have three eyecups to repair at the moment so i'll try UHU on one and Loctite on the others.
(darned students keep breaking 'em)

alex.

HLArt

cable tie, in black it`s looking better, and hold very fine, an never fall up, underwrite.
Gr

Alex Maxim

Turned out that it's a common problem.

HMi

You can get the eye cup as a spare part, I paid 27€ - well actually 52 as I got two at the same time :-)

Håkan

mauro risch

AU$ 35 here in Melbourne at C.R.Kennedy.
I replace it probably once a year for all kinds of problems.
www.maurorisch.com
    0430 383 588

Jerome

I'm furious, my dealer proposed me to change all the viewfinder instead of the 27 $ eyecup !
that's the reason I glued myself !

Stonemonkey

I like the cable tie solution, it seems more reversible.

TareqPhoto

Now if i will upgrade my Hasselblad with this problem, will they blame me about the eyecup? I thought i had this problem only, but it seems it is there with others as well, good i keep the eyecup always close to my Hasselblad so it will not get lost, i don't take it out if i know i will use it extremely out so i may lose it anywhere easily without attention.

horseoncoboy

seems the eyecup is a really  wide spread problem when mine came of i just thought how could  they came trough with this poor cheap design for a  3. generation camera in this price range.

stpf8

I had heard this was a problem, so I've always been careful with the eyecup.  It is now somewhere out in the desert of the American southwest.
Stephen Penland
www.stephenpenland.com