CF Adapter Problem

Previous topic - Next topic

r.frank

Hi guys

got a strange problem with a CF adapter. I have a older CF adapter, if i try to shoot in "B" mode the shutter released but after 1 second it closes although iam still pressing the button. ("Check Cabel" message comes on the display) i did that.
i tried it with a other CF adapter and it works perfectly. I changed the cables between those both and it still works, so the reason is not the cable. Ive attached an image were you can see that those adapter gives different information on the display also a strange thing. I was selling another CF Adapter (NEW) and my client has the same problem with "check the cable". Is there a faulty serie around? I hope someone can help me.
Thanks a lot.

Cheers
Raffael

grandguru

I have not heard of this problem before but because it is a combination of old and new it would be a good idea to check that the adaptor and body all have the latest firmware. You can upgrade the firmware in a body via a Hasselblad back but the firmware in the CF adaptor will need to be upgraded at a service station.

r.frank

thanks for your answer. The camera is the h4d 50 with the newest firmware. i didnt know that it is possible to update the CF adapter, may thats the reason.
But anyway its strange that the new adapter from my client still has the same problem, it was ordered a few weeks ago.

Cheers
Raffael