Problem with CFH-22 and Phocus 2.0.1

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Hi Guys,

I am the new boy on this forum.  I have what I think is a problem but it could just be something I am not doing correctly.  I have a H2 with a CFH-22 back (body and back have the latest firmware installed) which seem to function fine - new bit of kit for me as I have been using 500/CM & ELM with film for about 30 years and a Phase One back more recently.

When I get the images from the CFH-22 in to Phocus in 3FR format they look fine in the browser section but when imported to FFF format there are big problems.  The image is broken into about 3 vertical bar sections with cyan in the first bar, nothing (black) in the second bar and dark red in the third bar.  You can see the image in the first and third bars but very poor quality.

I have also tried in Aperture. Again the browser images look fine but get I just a light green image when pulled in to in the editing area.  Lightroom 3 Beta handles the images fine.  Images have been downloaded from the memory card and via the FireWire 800 cable to a Mac Pro Quad Core (early 2008 model) 16gb with Nvidia 8800 graphics card with the same results via card reader and cable.

Is this what I should expect, am I doing something silly or do I have a problem with the CFH-22 back?

Any help gratefully received.

Mikey

NickT

Hi Mikey and welcome
First off the reason the images look fine in the thumbnails but not in the main window is because the thumbnails are the embedded preview files and not the actual raw data. Are you saying that you can actually generate a non corrupt image through lightroom?What happens if you export an image from Phocus does it look OK at 100% in Photoshop? If the answer is yes then I would suspect a conflict with your video card, I cannot remember off the top of my head if there is a conflict with the Nvidia. If the files are corrupt in Photoshop  and if you ca replicate on another machine then I suspect you have a hardware problem with the CFH22.
Nick-T
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

Mikey

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your quick reply.  I have checked the images using Phocus on a PC and the same results.  Also I have tried exporting an image from Phocus to Photoshop and it's damaged as it looks in Phocus.

In answer to your other question, Yes, I can view, edit and export an image using Lightroom 3 Beta no problem.  Also FlexColor displays the 3FR images Ok.

So I guess I need to send the back off to Victor, together with an arm and a leg!   ;)

Thanks for all your help.

Mikey