Phocus Online device registration

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustbak

I had gotten rid of it a long time ago. The dreaded questionnaire you get when starting Phocus for the first time. I cleaned out my MBP to monitor Phocus performance but by doing so I got the initial screen again.

Normally you type it in, register with your userid/pw and you are done. It doesn't come back again.  This time I constantly get the question, 'Do you want to register the product with serial number .....?'. Clicking register will make this window disappear however at the next start-up it will appear again :( Naturally all my products are already registered a long time ago.

How can I get rid of this permanently? Anyone?

Dustbak

I had to check but no, I am on 2.0.1. It doesn't make the slightest difference whether I check cancel or register. The wicked question keeps coming up. I think I will stress this registration start-up thing needs to be dropped and replaced by a module inside the software that you can revoke. Or dropped alltogether. Would this registration be used anyway?

In the mean time it is very annoying. Especially when considering I need to restart Phocus every 10 to 20 shots to keep the performance within acceptable norms  :(

Dustbak

Same here, I have already mentioned I noticed memory leak like behaviour. Especially with multishot. I have now maxed out the memory on my MBP (6GB) but alas no improvement. I am on Mac though. It is a good excuse to get a new MBP when they come (hopefully somewhere in the coming weeks) but it should perform on this MBP good as well.