H5D-60 ISO 800 raw samples

Previous topic - Next topic

eyedear

I am interested in upgrading to the h5d-60 from a h4d-50 would anyone here can share a raw file.of the h5d-60 at iso800 would.like to compare to my h4d-50 to see if it's better.
If could share via wetransfer or Google drive would be wonderful

Thank you very much

rem

Sorry, have here only the H5D50CCD and the H6D100C. Different sensors...
Rem

jhasselblad

eyedear

thanks so much for the upload. do you think its possible to send me the raw file. one of the 50II file would do. maybe can PM me with a direct download link . thanks again

eyedear

Thanks for the file. The h5d-60 at iso 800 is really good. You don't loose much dynamic range and the noise is actually not that bad

hgtate

Just shows you how noisy CCD's are and why all manufacturers have turned to CMOS. Additionally, one CCD pixel failure means the complete row of pixels where that CCD is situated is lost. Failure of one CMOS site and that's the only thing lost, one pixels.

Hassilistic

Quote from: hgtate on January 25, 2018, 10:01:47 AM
Just shows you how noisy CCD's are and why all manufacturers have turned to CMOS. Additionally, one CCD pixel failure means the complete row of pixels where that CCD is situated is lost. Failure of one CMOS site and that's the only thing lost, one pixels.
You never ever shoot at 800 ISO on the H5D-60, to begin with, or any other CCD for that matter.  Above was just a demonstration of how tolerable it is even when maxed out.  Keeping in mind that that level of pixel peeping is unusable on any camera period.
No CMOS to date can match CCD's color & contrast straight out of the camera but has to be over tuned & tweaked extensively to yield anything good, add not forgetting the lack of inconsistency in results.
There are a ton of articles on this on the net and not just my say!
What Hasselblad has done with CMOS is a testament to their expertise and know how.

eyedear

haha. i think we are sometime too caught up with noise. actually i find the noise at iso 800 of the h5d-60 superior. and like Hassilistic say the CCD color are just so much better. i have use the H6D-50c but i still prefer my H4d-50 my choice of upgrade path would be to h5D-60 as its virtually impossible in my Country Malaysia to have a demo of the H6D-100c.

kinglang

Hi all, anybody can give some sample of h5d-50 CCD 3fr files?