X1D - Flash issues / recommendations

Previous topic - Next topic

war1957

Getting familiar with more and more features of my newly acquired X1D, I came across some compatibility problems with my Nikon flashes and their use with the cam:

1.   The Nikon SB80 flash does not work with the cam. The Nikon SB600 flash does.
It appears that the statement of general compatibility with Nikon flashes is not correct.
Striving for the BEST solution, which Nikon flashes are recommended / work best for the Hassi?

2.   The Nikon SU 800 speedlight commander in combination with the SB R200 wireless remote speedlight does not work on the Hassi. Same shoe specs as the model above, and it slides right into the Hassi's bracket, but seemingly there is lack of connectivity? Is that a firmware or hardware issue?  Do you know of any wireless flash that is compatible with the Hassi?

Thank you in advance for your time and your consideration.

opala

I'm using the following in the X1D hot shoe:
* Nikon SB-800 and SB-900 on the X1D. Manual and TTL
* Phoenix Mitros Sony Mount. Manual

For remotes in the X1D hot shoe:
* Nikon AS-15 Male PC to Male PC mounted on Flashpoint R2 Nikon Mount.  Remote Flashpoint XPLOR600TTL.
* Nikon AS-15 Male PC to Male Mini 3.5mm mounted on PocketWizard Flex TT5 Nikon Mount. Remote SB-800 and SB-900.
* Nikon AS-15 Male PC to Male Mini 3.5mm mounted on PocketWizard Flex TT5 Nikon Mount. Remote Speedotron power packs.

Not as clean as I'd like but the only accessory I had to buy to make my existing speedlights and strobes usable with the X1D was the Nikon AS-15.

mkerouac

In the hotshoe, the SB600, SB800, SB900, SB910 and SB5000 all work in TTL mode.   None of the flashes work as wireless commanders.  The SU800, does not work.   Hasselblad is aware of and working on the issues.  The only thing I could get to work was pocketwizards in manual mode. I haven't tried the AS15 noted above.  I will put that on my list.  the SC29 and SC27 cords work.  From a non Nikon perspective, both the Profoto and Elinchrom hotshoe controller/triggers work fine with their respective products. 

incredipete

I have used my SB800 TTL, and a Metz flash with Nikon module. I have also triggered my Broncolors with both the 2.1 and the 2.2 RFS (one is hasselblad protocol, one is Nikon protocol). So far every combination I've tried has worked great.

michael123

Quote from: incredipete on May 17, 2017, 12:25:51 PM
I have used my SB800 TTL, and a Metz flash with Nikon module. I have also triggered my Broncolors with both the 2.1 and the 2.2 RFS (one is hasselblad protocol, one is Nikon protocol). So far every combination I've tried has worked great.

Hi

Could you please elaborate on the differences between RFS 2.1 and 2.2?

Michael