Phocus 3.1 is out

Previous topic - Next topic

NickT

Hello everyone
That was quicker than I thought!
Here's some detail from the readme:

Keystone correction
A new keystone correction tool has been added. Here you can adjust the horizontal and vertical correction using sliders and you can make fine tuning of the aspect. Apart from the slider based interface there's also 3 different viewer tools available to setup the correction using guidelines. After having aligned the guidelines press the Apply button to update correction settings. Note that the amount slider can be used to select the percentage of vertical and horizontal correction applied. The guideline tools will adjust the vertical and horizontal offsets to match the exact theoretical correction - however for many images this may not look natural, therefore the amount slider will default to 80%. If you are actually doing reproduction work or similar you will probably want to set the amount to 100%.
Also note that the Crop & Orientation tool has a new Allow crop outside image check box. This is relevant both in relation to keystone correction but can also be useful when using just regular rotation.
Local adjustment of highlight recovery
A recovery slider has been added in the Adjustment Layers tool. Viewer background and margin options
First of all theres now a proof mode available - a button to the right of the compare mode button has been added to toggle proof mode on and off. In the Preferences General tab you can control both background color and margin independently for normal mode and proof mode. Also note that you can toggle between proof and normal mode using the keyboard short cut o.
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

NickT

Oh and Ben the renaming bug is fixed :)
Nick-T typing at you from Flexframe's secret location under a Volcano

bdp

HI Nick,

Yeah, first thing I tested! Woo Hoo!

Love the new tools, but I was kinda hoping the highlight recovery would have been tweaked to focus more on highlights only, instead of impacting on the mid tones so much still. Anyway, nice to have it as a local adjustment.

Ben

Eric Borgström

Lucky you!
After updating my iMac to Sierra Phocus 3.04 and now 3.1 goes into a spin. I have to run Phocus from an  earlier Mac OS. Hopefully an update to Sierra will work better for Phocus.
/Eric

Eric Borgström

Sierra (Mac OS 10.12.1) update didn't help. Phocus 3.1 still in a spin.  :-[
Any suggestions? (apart from using Lightroom)
/Eric

Eric Borgström

On GetDPI CSP gave me this information and it works. I deleted Phocus 3.1, restarted and reinstalled Phocus for good measure.
Thanks CSP and GetDPI.com!
/Eric
i would try to delete following files, maybe this helps

/User//Library/Caches/dk.hasselblad.phocus

/User//Library/ApplicationSupport/dk.hasselblad.phocus

/User//Library/Application Support/Phocus

/User//Library/Preferences/dk.hasselblad.phocus.plist

Alex

Reproduction Mode Low Gain  8)

Thank you - from the last couple of shoots am seeing an improvement in image quality in Shadow detail and a decrease in Delta E average when profiling.

Alex

anestesik

Agree with:

- user-selectable background colour ( white, to compare to paper or Zone X )
- Halo suppression when using clarity ( sometimes is too evident )
- focus indicator whe tethered ( for stills, check what is in focus from the distance to monitor )
- quickly copy settings between images ( could be better with small efforts )
- improvement on moiré-correction ( please!!! )

Add:

- Better history mode. Adobe is some light years far.
- Skin tone white balance.
- Option to change the print resolution.

Thanks!!!