Phocus corrections and export

Previous topic - Next topic

alexkent

HMi

If you're only keeping .3fr files in case you wish to convert to .dng, you can loose those.
.fff files can also be converted to .dng from Phocus.

You can also drop the .tif16 if you export .psd/16 from Phocus, that psd then becomes your 'working' file (camera data in .psd's has been fixed in Phocus 2.0.1 i believe).

That leaves you .fff, .psd, and possibly .dng if you want ACR. The only loss of functionality / flexibility here is that you need to export .dng's if you wish to take a file to edit in ACR, whereas you could have taken the .3fr directly, but if you are doing the majority of your raw processing in Phocus (as i am) perhaps this is acceptable.

alex.

HMi

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response.

Quote from: alexkent on February 17, 2010, 07:26:27 AM
HMi

If you're only keeping .3fr files in case you wish to convert to .dng, you can loose those.
.fff files can also be converted to .dng from Phocus.

You are right, I could loose them. However, as I prefer to go .3rf -> DGN, I need to copy the .3fr to the PC instead of importing (and converting) from the card so the .3rf's will land on my machine. As I have the .3fr's on the machine and I only need some of the files processed in .fff, I tend to only selectively import those images that do not produce good results in the Adobe workflow. So for those that I convert to .fff, it's too much of a management hassle to try to locate the .3rf and delete it. Now where this easier...

You can also drop the .tif16 if you export .psd/16 from Phocus, that psd then becomes your 'working' file (camera data in .psd's has been fixed in Phocus 2.0.1 i believe).

Actually, I was wondering about that. In the export menu in 2.0 I can only find PSD which seems to end up as 8-bit. Where do I need to look for the 16 bit, somehow I assumed that it was not supported? OK, I guess I need to RTFM now that it seems it's doable  ;D

That leaves you .fff, .psd, and possibly .dng if you want ACR. The only loss of functionality / flexibility here is that you need to export .dng's if you wish to take a file to edit in ACR, whereas you could have taken the .3fr directly, but if you are doing the majority of your raw processing in Phocus (as i am) perhaps this is acceptable.

alex.

Well, that is the one of the diffs. As I shoot also on a second camera and often use both Hbl and the other camera, I have a reasonably strong preference for Adobe and would use Phocus only when I don't like the end result.

HÃ¥kan