New XCD 25V F/2.5 lens?

Previous topic - Next topic

Samogitian

FYI, I just purchased one off the US website.

Tennisarm12

And crazy - it is available and one can really buy it!  :o  Let's see how long :-)

mjhillsc

Seems like this thread should be in the Lens section, but oh well.  I have a 21mm and love it.  So, I went to look at the specs of the new 25mm and noted that the horizontal FOV is 10 degrees different.  Seems to me that is a lot.  The 21mm HFOV is 92 degrees and the 25mm is 82 degrees.  That makes the 25mm a bit less of an ultra wide.  The 25mm does focus a tad closer and it has the ergonomic advantages of the new generation of lenses.  And, presumably its auto focus motor is faster.  But, I would be interested in other's thoughts about this new lens vs. the "absolutely amazing" 21mm.

fcarucci

This is unfair. I just got the 90V and I hoped my lens lust could be satisfied for a little while, but no... I'll take solace in using the amazing 21mm.

Patrick CM

Quote from: fcarucci on May 08, 2024, 02:53:57 AMThis is unfair. I just got the 90V and I hoped my lens lust could be satisfied for a little while, but no... I'll take solace in using the amazing 21mm.

I totally agree! I just ordered it from the Hasselblad European shop. Had to trade in my XCD 4/21 to do it though. sigh.

davidjiang

I just got the 25V in the DJI store in Shanghai, and made a quick comparison with my XCD just in the store, when wide open, the center and side tiny better than 21, corner similar or 21 tiny better. but after f4, it's a killer.
AF is faster, shutter sound like 90V, and can be 1/4000!
But as mahillsc mentioned, 21 is 92 degree vs 82 degree, so I will keep my 21 for a while...
Anyway, quite happy with the 25V.
I will take it to a city walk tomorrow to do more test

pdprinter

I am not tempted at all, quite happy with the 28P. Looking at the MTF curves the 25 is better corrected but 245g vs 592g the 28P is definitely the lens for traveling.

davidjiang

Quote from: pdprinter on May 08, 2024, 03:24:20 AMI am not tempted at all, quite happy with the 28P. Looking at the MTF curves the 25 is better corrected but 245g vs 592g the 28P is definitely the lens for traveling.
Agree,today I also test the 28P in the store, really love the size! but still on the waiting list.... And 25V has it's advantages anyway.

etn

Excellent pictures on the Hasselblad site as well as the Photography Life review:
https://photographylife.com/reviews/hasselblad-xcd-25mm-f-2-5

Buying one was not in my plans, nor in my budget, but seeing those pictures I just *want* one  >:(

Andy Miller Photo UK

Perfect FOV (20mm on 35mm) for my style of landscape and nightscape shooting -- but £3.5k ......

fcarucci

Quote from: Patrick CM on May 08, 2024, 02:59:03 AM
Quote from: fcarucci on May 08, 2024, 02:53:57 AMThis is unfair. I just got the 90V and I hoped my lens lust could be satisfied for a little while, but no... I'll take solace in using the amazing 21mm.

I totally agree! I just ordered it from the Hasselblad European shop. Had to trade in my XCD 4/21 to do it though. sigh.

I will not part with my 21. It's just too beautiful and wonderful for a lot of landscape photography. I still want the 25V too.

xoda

I wonder what their future lens line-up will be? It seems they are releasing new V lenses in between old "classic" lens focal length - the 25mm being in between the 21 and 30mm. Does that mean the new widest angle will stop at 25mm? Or will they push further, and go with something wider than 21mm - e.g. 18, or 19 or something?