Back button focus on 907x with grip

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordrapheus

Hi all,

Am new to the forum, and sort of new to hasselblad...have had a 500cm for a year and recently bought the 907x and cfv100c.

Coming from a more digital 35mm background I was wondering if there is a way to do back button focus on the 907x when using the grip? I know that without the grip that is just not in the cards...but was hoping with the grip that might be.

I have been searching for an answer online but have not really found one other than switching to manual focus.

Thanks for any help.

SMurphy

Yes, there is an AF Drive button on the grip that starts autofocus when pressed and stops when released.

Should you have more questions, the manual is found in the Hasselblad Support downloads section: https://www.hasselblad.com/my-hasselblad/downloads/#158

Best,
Scott.

Mordrapheus

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply, is there a way to remove AF function from the shutter button, so only the AF-on activates AF?

Thanks

JCM-Photos

Yes I only use my 907X with back focus AF, but it needs the grip, no way to make it work without grip.

with Hasselblad X cameras you have to put the body in MF and set AF on the back button, with the 907X on the grip, then it works.

Same story for exposure lock in spot mode and A exposure, its possible only with the grip to set permanent exposure lock with the other back button on the grip.

With these settings I use my X1D and 907X 50C exactly the same way for AF and spot exposure lock with rear wheel exposure correction to place the measured subject spot on the right level.
Sharpen your eyes not your files

SMurphy

Sorry for the delayed response.  As JCM-Photos has shared, simply set the camera to Manual Focus Mode.

Mordrapheus

Thank you both JCM and Scott. That did the trick. I had wrongly assumed that when I switch to MF then the lens would no longer focus. This is great, much easier to focus and recompose now. Thanks