907x 100c Magenta cast screen

Previous topic - Next topic

tashat

Hi all,

I have recently bought a 907x 100c and while I do love it, the colour calibration of the display screen and lack of shadow and highlight detail is rather frustrating when compared to the X2D
Does everyone else have a strong magenta cast? When photographing an interior with cream/white walls the screen shows magenta walls, quite significantly, when I transfer the image to my Mac studio display however the colours are perfect.

I watched a video where a guy compares the screen of the X2D to the 907x 100c and sadly he had the same issue as well as a lot less dynamic range. Watch from 13:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK4cTw-tseI

Colour accuracy is so important and it really throws me off as an architectural photographer. Would have got the x2d but will be mainly using this on a technical camera.

Would love to hear if anyone else is frustrated by this or if there are any fixes, for most people I imagine it's not a big deal, but it's really affecting my experience.

polychloros

For what it's worth, I've never felt the screen on my CFV II 50c has a noticeable cast (though it is very contrasty) but it may well be different to the one on your 100C. I don't know if the colour temperature is individually (or batch) calibrated in the factory but I'm pretty sure there isn't a way for the end user to adjust the display temperature. I know it's not a satisfactory answer but I think it is one of those things you may have to learn to work around. I find the HNCS colour process in these Hasselblad cameras to be excellent and I tend to trust it to get it (mostly) right but I do get that, as an architectural photographer, you probably want a bit more reassurance that things look right at the point of taking the photograph. Perhaps you might be able to hook up your 100C with an iPad for a better preview?

tashat

Thanks Ian,
Yes I will likely be tethering for client shoots, but there may be times I will need to work faster and just be going off the screen. The contrast makes shooting contrasty scenes very difficult. I hope they do an update which allows profiles for less contrast and to calibrate the screen, unlikely though. Will just be one of those things you get used to overtime.