Question: X1D2 with HC lenses

Previous topic - Next topic

rollsman

I am looking to see if anyone has used the HC-X adaptor for the X camera. Also, how good is the AF with the adaptor and HC lenses. Is it worth buying the adaptor( used ) and then Buying the HC lenses?
  What about Image quality.  Sorry for so many question but I need to know so I can decide   Thank you
Dennis mansour

deardorff8x10

I have done this, coming from the H system initially.  Quality of images is fine.  Depending on the lens, AF is somewhat to much slower than the newer X system lenses.  The H lenses are also generally bigger, especially with the adapter.  If you already have H lenses, using them makes a lot of sense.  If you don't, I don't think it is worth saving money with them vs. getting the X series lenses in general.

Some like the 100 2.2 don't really have an equivalent "look", but otherwise, I generally prefer the X lenses on the X body.

rollsman

What you say Makes good sense. I will NOT look into the HC lenses and wait   Thanks again
Dennis mansour

davidjiang

HC300 is the longest Hassy lens can AF & IBIS on X2D (even with H1.7 or X1.7), the AF performance is good (almost par with XCD135), and IBIS make handheld possible (without 1.7). IQ is also very good.

Paul2660

As I understand all HC lenses have to have 1.81 firmware and then up graded to 1.91 to use AF with the X2D. It's my understanding that the "orange dot" HC lenses are the only ones that can be upgraded to the firmware 1.91. Thus orange dot lenses are rare and have a much higher used value than the non orange dot versions.

IBIS will work with non orange dot once the focal length is added to the camera.

Paul

davidjiang

There are HC lenses without orange dot but have 1/2000 shutter (produced around 2014) can upgrade to 19.1.0 which is must for AF and IBIS work properly on X2D 3.1.0.
And you can send HC lenses with 1/800 shutter to Sweden to replace the whole shutter unit to 1/2000 and add the orange dot (upgrade to 19.1.0 at the same time) with cost around EUR 1,000. My friend upgraded 2 HC300(produced in 2009 and 2011 with 1/800 shutter), now perfectly work on X2D (need wait around 6 months...)