Rear screen anomaly

Previous topic - Next topic

dmecham

I have an X1Dii body and has worked perfectly.  But after a few months I noticed this anomaly on the rear screen.  Being under warranty Hasselblad replaced the screen.  After about 8 months I noticed it has returned.  Now being past warranty I would have to pay for the screen replacement.  It hasn't had any affect on the camera's operation or files so I'll probably just leave it as the replacement is expensive.  The camera works great.  My question is has anyone else ever seen this on their rear screen?

Paul2660

Sad to see this has carried over to the X2D. Does appear to be design flaw. Guess it's good practice not to store the camera screen down in a camera bag. Hard not to avoid pressing on that part of the screen in daily use either for playback review or changes to the camera settings.

Paul

KuehnKvT

I had the same problem with the rear display. And other users too...
See here:

https://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.com/index.php/topic,9457.0.html

dmecham

I don't think this anomily has anything to do with pressure.  In my bag my camera is pointed down in the bag with nothing making contact with the screen.  It looks more like damage caused by something behind the screen that maybe getting a little warm.  Fortunately it has no effect on the camera.