How to Get Hasselblad to Listen ??

Previous topic - Next topic

Salubbrious

Ive been a Hasselblad user for over 15 years (probably since the beginning of Hassleblads adventures into Digital) and now Ive hit a wall of dissatisfaction. My sensor has failed yet again its the 3rd time now. The first two times Hass fixed it FOC due to the fact they new they had a problem with the batch of chips they had but now on this occasion they want to charge me 6000 euros for the kudos of using their  cameras but why would I do that ? since Ive already thrown over 10,000 euros at Hasselblad over the years. I thought my Hass was for Life but sadly I'm realising that this is not the case
They have closed my case file and they wish me to go away. Has anyone a solution? Especially of how I should be approaching Hass because I'm a reasonable person I just want them to come up with a better resolution

Patrick CM

How old is the camera! Which camera is it? How long ago was it when they repaired it last. Assuming it's well out of warranty. What condition is it in? Saying yiuvev"thrown €10k over the years... not trying to be rude or funny, but by today's values, that's not a lot. A new X2D is what , €9k plus over €4K for a lens.

If you were buying a kit today
https://www.fotomeyer.de/hasselblad-x2d-100c-lightweight-portrait-kit-91562.html?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5cOwBhCiARIsAJ5njubhg0y6cINno7hdFIQhcDz9D0AAPCx81BJigSs3a8od5Hzig_q_D2saAkZhEALw_wcB

Salubbrious

Its probably more than 10K I was being conservative ....its H5D body in great condition only used as a studio camera and 50C digital back.........so age wise probably over 6 years .....time seems to fly these days .......defo out of warranty.
I was talking to a Hasselblad rep and he told me of the problems Hass were having with the batch of chips ( the image goes to a solid pink)
So I was hoping I'd get more of a sympathetic response from Hass

Salubbrious

In response to when it happened last ......it was probably 2 years ago but it does seem to occur every 2 years