X1D II - Nightmare Support // EVF + Display

Previous topic - Next topic

Dario Bologna

Hello everyone! I sent my HASSELBLAD X1D II in for service because for the second time a yellow stain appeared behind the LCD monitor. It's probably the adhesive heating up and causing this issue. Then the EVF stopped working. Additionally, the rubber on the lenses is soft.
Apart from the EVF, the other two repairs are pure aesthetic.

I bought Hasselblad because it's the Ferrari of cameras, and the name carries more weight compared to competitors like Fuji. This choice is also to enhance my image as a commercial photographer.
When clients ask to see the Hasselblad during the shooting, I feel a bit embarrassed due to these cosmetic problems. Because it looks cheap.

Ok, it's out o warranty. (but if for the third time the screen will be affect by the same problem... I've to pay again?!)
I've 210.000 shots on the 2 lens. I'm using the Hasselblad for every production, even the most "tricky" with people in dynamic pose.

I received a significantly high estimate, without any explanation. (it's half of the used cost of the body camera).

It seems absurd to me. Furthermore, support responded to me after 12 days, even though my dealer sent it for service, and I requested prompt feedback.

so, I'm a bit confused.
that's all.

MGrayson

Have you ever tried to get a Ferrari serviced?

Repair, and QC in general, are no longer part of *anyone's* business model. As more of these devices are electronic, repair means replace, and replacing the whole unit is often more cost-effective than replacing a major component.

I'm not defending this. It sucks. But it's the world we live in and isn't limited to Hasselblad.

Frankvth

i just like to read that someone thinks that clients give a damn about the camera you shoot with.

MGrayson

Quote from: Frankvth on March 28, 2024, 02:37:06 AMi just like to read that someone thinks that clients give a damn about the camera you shoot with.
Many of them do. They shouldn't, but they do.

tenmangu81

Quote from: Dario Bologna on March 27, 2024, 11:45:34 PM[.....] I sent my HASSELBLAD X1D II in for service because for the second time a yellow stain appeared behind the LCD monitor. It's probably the adhesive heating up and causing this issue.
[....]

This issue has been reported by some users (including me....). It *could* be explained by the nose pressure on the upper left corner of the screen when you take a picture. Thus, it should happen again and again even after replacement. Some users asked HB for the screen replacement rate, and it is about 1,000 $. But it doesn't preclude taking pictures, and has no consequences, as you should have observed.
For your information, X2D owners observed the same issue on their camera....

Robert

Georg Kovalcik

Quote from: tenmangu81 on March 28, 2024, 08:47:42 AM...It *could* be explained by the nose pressure on the upper left corner of the screen ...

Well, it's a touch screen after all, it has to withstand some pressure. If that does not happen with a 300,- smartphone, I would not accept that explanation for a 1000,- replacement screen.

tenmangu81

This is of course not what Hasselblad said. It is only a conjecture, as this always happens, for the users affected, at the top left corner of the screen, where the nose comes when taking a picture....
Robert

Paul2660

A bit off topic but it would have been nice if Hasselblad allowed movement around the screen on playback with the control wheels instead of having to constantly use the touch screen. With manual focus zoomed to 100% you can move around the screen with the wheels.

Paul