35P lens

Previous topic - Next topic

polychloros

An XCD 35mm F4 (or even F5.6 if it meant even better optical quality) would be something I would buy. The 28P is a bit wide for my taste and seems optically compromised more than other lenses in the XCD range.

pdprinter

35mm is too close to 38mm that any company would develop a lens with such small focal length difference.
The optical compromise for the 28P is in my opinion relatively small to reduce size and weight, so a little larger focal length would likely not mean smaller compromises. I like the 45P but this a completely different lens design with no internal focusing.

polychloros

Quote from: pdprinter on March 12, 2024, 10:08:34 AM35mm is too close to 38mm that any company would develop a lens with such small focal length difference.
The optical compromise for the 28P is in my opinion relatively small to reduce size and weight, so a little larger focal length would likely not mean smaller compromises. I like the 45P but this a completely different lens design with no internal focusing.

Yes, I don't expect for a second that a 35P would ever materialise. The 38mm V lens is probably the lens I ought to get – it isn't large by XCD standards and is lightweight enough for my needs – but I don't need F2.5 and was hoping for something a little smaller and less expensive. ;D